• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler My Theory

is the story a dream?

• Partly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

IHNo

The Other Side
Partly. The beginning seems like it would start out with Link dreaming and he sees Zelda's demise (like in OoT). I'm not entirely sure what I'm inclined to believe when it comes to Phi presenting herself to Link. I feel like that scence would also be a dream but I really can't decide. The whole entire story being a dream though? No.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
The begining, I think, yes. Much like what Nintendo did with Ocarina of Time, Link starts off dreaming. This would explain the misty surroundings, and the difference of cloths that Zelda is wearing...

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The begining, I think, yes. Much like what Nintendo did with Ocarina of Time, Link starts off dreaming. This would explain the misty surroundings, and the difference of cloths that Zelda is wearing...
I totally agree with what you said Cuju, and I think those events will become a reality in the game just like in OOT when link encounters Ganondorf outside Hyrule castle

Here's my theory: I think the scenes were played out of sequence, some things were skipped over, and some is slightly altered, as in most preview trailers. I doubt they'd show us a fully fleshed out scene from the game that could give away a lot, that would be like suicide to the story. Even if the scene from the clip was a dream, how would we to even know if the other scenes in that same preview trailer occurred around the same time? There were obviously things altered, skipped, some parts were played out of sequence as to avoid spoilers.

My idea is not a foreign concept; it's common practice for them to do stuff this way to avoid spoilers. It only takes the right combination of hints, clues, and clips to ruin a story; just look at the trailer of Twilight Princess:
[video=youtube;bW1fu4DBMoU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW1fu4DBMoU[/video]
Anyone who's played TP would know the parts of the story in the above trailer did not go exactly as the trailer shows. It's just a trailer; things were altered, out of sequence, and skipped; the same can be applied to SS. /rant

Oh...and I don't know where I stand on the Whale(fish?) = Dream thing, but I admit the atmosphere in that part of the clip does look very ethereal and dream-like.

IHNo

The Other Side
My idea is not a foreign concept; it's common practice for them to do stuff this way to avoid spoilers. It only takes the right combination of hints, clues, and clips to ruin a story; just look at the trailer of Twilight Princess:
Anyone who's played TP would know the parts of the story in the above trailer did not go exactly as the trailer shows. It's just a trailer; things were altered, out of sequence, and skipped; the same can be applied to SS. /rant

But keep in mind that that specific trailer was before the teatable had been upended for Twilight Princess, changing everything. When the game was orginally for GameCube, Midna's hair was orange and blue, the Twilight was black and white, etc. Those are major changes we are talking about. GameCube Twilight Princess and GC/Wii Twilight Princess seem to be two different things entirely, not because the trailer fooled us to maintain spoilers, but because the game itself faced major changes. Or perhaps I am not reading your statement correctly?

Wolf Sage is saying to stop looking so much into trailers. Zelda fans like to do these intense analyzation of trailers to try to find out something about the game that was not intended to be released. Sometimes fans find things out, but most of the time it turns into theories that are way off/elaborate ideas that were really just simple things to begin with.

edit: also I don't mean to insult Zelda fans in this post, I've just noticed along with Smash Bros they love to go into extreme detail with these things and a lot of people end up disappointed.

IHNo

The Other Side
Wolf Sage is saying to stop looking so much into trailers. Zelda fans like to do these intense analyzation of trailers to try to find out something about the game that was not intended to be released. Sometimes fans find things out, but most of the time it turns into theories that are way off/elaborate ideas that were really just simple things to begin with.

edit: also I don't mean to insult Zelda fans in this post, I've just noticed along with Smash Bros they love to go into extreme detail with these things and a lot of people end up disappointed.

Ah, I see now. I guess I did read his statement a little incorrectly. :embarressed: I understand. I happen to be one of those crazy, intensely-analyzing Zelda fans, haha. And don't worry, it's no insult. :lol:

It's all good man, my post was kind of harsh I think. There's nothing wrong with analyzing trailers a lot. It's just, I followed the SSBB hype, and seeing people come up with crazy stories and predictions based on 2 min trailers and little blurs made me very skeptical when it comes to video game trailers. from now on.

But keep in mind that that specific trailer was before the teatable had been upended for Twilight Princess, changing everything. When the game was orginally for GameCube, Midna's hair was orange and blue, the Twilight was black and white, etc. Those are major changes we are talking about. GameCube Twilight Princess and GC/Wii Twilight Princess seem to be two different things entirely, not because the trailer fooled us to maintain spoilers, but because the game itself faced major changes. Or perhaps I am not reading your statement correctly?
Yes, you're reading my statements incorrectly. They aren't necessarily trying to fool us, per se; that has such negative connotations. It's more like a method they use when creating previews and such for video games and other media. Would you give away an integral part of a fan-fic you're working if you knew it would spoil the story or other important content? No, you'd give little tidbits here and there (like a summary of sorts). Also, your response kinda contributes - actually - to what I'm saying... Oh, and of course things changed in Twilight Princess between the preview and the actual game, that's not my point at all; I've even dug up some of those, which were beta elements of the game myself...:yes:

IHNo

The Other Side
Yes, you're reading my statements incorrectly. They aren't necessarily trying to fool us, per se; that has such negative connotations. It's more like a method they use when creating previews and such for video games and other media. Would you give away an integral part of a fan-fic you're working if you knew it would spoil the story or other important content? No, you'd give little tidbits here and there (like a summary of sorts). Also, your response kinda contributes - actually - to what I'm saying... Oh, and of course things changed in Twilight Princess between the preview and the actual game, that's not my point at all; I've even dug up some of those, which were beta elements of the game myself...:yes:

Haha, yes I understand now. VaultBoy kind of pointed out my mistake a little earlier. Sorry for my silly misunderstanding. :shake: But now I see what you're saying - it makes sense. And I've always wanted to play the beta Twilight Princess, to see how different it was....

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
The dream thing was already done in Links Awakening. I can see why you would think this though (because the Whale could either be Jabu-Jabu or the Windfish). But I do not think that is the case. It can't be. This story revolves around the forging of the Master Sword. The Master Sword is real, so it can't be a dream.

I accidentally pressed "Yes" on the Pole. For the record I DO NOT think that it is a dream.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
The dream thing was already done in Links Awakening. I can see why you would think this though (because the Whale could either be Jabu-Jabu or the Windfish). But I do not think that is the case. It can't be. This story revolves around the forging of the Master Sword. The Master Sword is real, so it can't be a dream.

I accidentally pressed "Yes" on the Pole. For the record I DO NOT think that it is a dream.

What about just the part of the trailer with Phi and Zelda falling into the whale?

I think it's a vision of the future, to represent her falling (which was why Link was exceptionally frightened when Zelda jumped down during the ceremony.)
It's like the beginning of Ocarina of Time, and I believe a Nintendo rep stated Link would start out dreaming.

It is partly a dream... I heard at the begining Link dreams. But I do not think the whole story in it's self is a dream, it would just disappoint fans...like me! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom