• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My Theory.

Kafei

M.E.T.H.O.D. MAN
Well I'll start with OoT and MM. They are sequels, correct? So basically link kills Gannon in OoT travels back 7 years and becomes a kid again. But wheres Navi? Link ventures off into lost woods and "opens a door" into a paralleled universe with every Termnian character having there own Hylian conterpart. Link gets masks, kills the bosses, and defets Majora. Bring peace to the world once again Link leaves without a trace (this is what i think happed, but you could kinda assume it anyways). Skipping the storys of OoA and OoS we go to WW which is set many years in the future after link die (of old age i presume, in the 64-bit world.) It says the hero is reborn, Hyrule flooded, blah blah blah, you know the story. Once again, Link kills all evil across the land of "Hyrule" or commonly referred to as the ocean. (please note that i'm ignoring the presence of Spirit Tracks and PH becuase those are the same story with add-ons basicly. Although I really like Spirit Tracks.) Okay now evil is once again defeated the story goes to an end here. So my thought when Tp came out was, wow, they're telling the story in better graphics, add-ons, and almost a whole other side to the acctual story. I do compare TP to aLttP though (light & and dark worlds). However, at the end of TP it shows midna in her true form saying a farwell to link. ( if i'm correct it doesn't go much further than that as far as the climax of the plot goes) But what happened to Link? Once again I'm going to presume that he died of old age (saying Gannon didn't kick your *** in the last battle:p). So, what I'm saying is they're going in circles. Not in the sense it's the same story over and over again, but in the sense that it's the old age theory as well as a new hero being born to save the world new weapons new enemies become a threat as well as Gannon to help them all out. I belive SS to be the sequel of TP for those reasons. Hopefully you see where I'm coming from, (I'm terrible at explaining things over the Interwebs). Anyways, this is just my theory. (*This is is part of me and Komali's VM'S) This theory makes sense in weird ways, I'm gong to have to say that alot of you won't understand it very well, but that's okay! how do you guys feel about this?

Time line.
__________|>PH-ST
OoT-MM-WW-^--TP-SS

Basicly the only games I count contributing to the story.

If this is true then the master sword wouldn't exist in every game you listed. The master sword is made in SS. Am i correct?

Kafei

M.E.T.H.O.D. MAN
true. It does not exist in MM because link is a kid right? He put the sword back after he kills Gannon in order that the Apocalypse won't happen in the future. He travels on to parallel universe, which does not have the same circumstances as Oot. Understand what I mean? The MS reappears in WW because its the story being told with different circumstances. The power of the MS is clearly un-predictable at this point. And I'm not positive what you mean. I think they are venturing of the subject of the master sword in that game, hence the name "Skyward Sword".

I see what you are saying. I guess we can never really know exactly where SS will fit in until we get the entire game.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Skipping the storys of OoA and OoS we go to WW which is set many years in the future after link die (of old age i presume, in the 64-bit world.) It says the hero is reborn, Hyrule flooded, blah blah blah, you know the story.
It says the hero is not reborn. He left because he went back in time to save Termina. WW doesn't follow MM directly, but is on a separate continuity.

SS is said to lead up to OoT. Like Kook said, it details the creation of the Master Sword. The Master Sword appears in OoT, so SS must take place before that. It's also been confirmed many times by several developers/localizers.

Hero of…. #s, I guess
Okay, first of all, the developers of the series have confirmed that SS comes before OoT. They have also confirmed that at the end of OoT, the timeline splits when Zelda sends Link back to his own time. There is the ending where adult Link defeats Ganondorf and he is sealed in the Sacred Realm, and there is the ending where Link goes back to his own time, which is an alternate universe from the adult ending. So, the other games go along these two timelines, the Adult Timeline and the Child Timeline. MM follows OoT on the Child Timeline, therefore our timeline looks like this so far:

.........../
SS--OoT
...........\MM

Now, let's start down each timeline one game, to what we are confirmed to know. WW's backstory basically tells the story of OoT, and explains how Link disappeared after defeating Ganondorf, this is clearly when Zelda sends him to the Child Timeline, whereas before WW, Ganondorf is sealed by an adult Link. So, WW follows OoT on the Adult Timeline.

Now, TP is unclear at first as to where it goes, but we do see a backstory where Ganondorf is discovered to have been evil and is put on trial, and the sages attempt to execute him. They fail, but seal him in the Twilight Realm. This backstory seems to tell us that someone (OoT Link) revealed Ganondorf's evil, and the sages executed him. The reason OoT Link has to do this is because Ganondorf is not defeated when he is sent to the Child Timeline. So now we have:

.........../WW
SS--OoT
...........\MM--TP

Most everyone agrees on that to begin with, the controversy is over where the other games belong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom