• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My Theory on What Termina REALLY Is.

Flagpole

I'm back!!
While you bring some interesting points, I must say I disagree with it completely. The Legend of Zelda: Majora Mask is a game that does have a few unexplained things, incentivating people to create theories with no support from the game itself, but psychological theories that are applied on about any Zelda game are most likely to be wrong.

Termina is, pretty much, an alternate dimension, from what I can remember. I would rather ask myself things like: "Where's Termina's Skull Kid?" or "Shouldn't there be a Link in Termina that would accomplish the same kind of stuff like Hyrule's Link?", or even if Termina is somehow connected with A Link to the Past's Dark World, which is an alternate dimension to Hyrule (I might be wrong, though), and try to make connections with the Dark World and the Dark Tribe (as they both feature the word 'dark'), before taking on major stuff.

Again, I understand this is only a theory, made out purely to be an entertainment source. And it is a very well made one =)

Oh, and don't think in ANY way I'm criticizing you with the second paragraph - I just wanted to point out it would be better to not analyze the game as a whole, but rather make theories out of elements coming from it.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I think that if it all is in link's mind than it makes the story even more deeper. Whose to say it is NOT real? Was Link's Awakening or Phantom Hourglass real? If its real to him that is all that matters. It doesn't take away the fact that he helped all those poor souls. He came to grip with himself and conquered himself. I think it is an excellent explanation.

I'd have to say that PH was real since Linebeck's ship after the credits is how you left it, and Linebeck fits right into the sequel, ST. Links Awakening was a dream, it is actually stated many times. But your points are valid.

Zelda_1224

Hyrule Knight
REally elaborate and good theory, but i believe that termina DOES NOT reflect links emotions but the emotions of all the people that have gotten lost in the lost woods and become stalfos

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
I always hate the idea that LA was a dream, but it seems most likely, all of OoTs charecters that Link met are in Termina, and its a twisted game, and almost a twisted version of Hyrule, it seems most likely that Link crafted it in his mind.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
i don't konw why everyone's so shocked about this,its really nothing new.....well at least not to me

anyways,it makes no sense considering in majoras mask,young link acquires the ikana mirror shield,and at the last scene of the game,we see him ride off into the woods WITH that same mirror shield
i don't think its possible to acquire an item from some mind ****ing dream state

AnimeHat

Humming Swordsman
Mind=Blown

However, I don't think this really explains Majora. And if this was a dream constructed with elements from his previous quest, how do the new characters fit in?

zellinkda

one of many
It all makes sense...

Truly, Majora's Mask is a favorite of mine. possibly my favorite game of all time. Link was definitely knocked out cold by the skull kid. so what if Tatl, Tael, the Happy mask salesman and the skull kid are real, but Link was just hallucinating? I think that would make sense because (Let me know if I'm wrong) but No one really talks about Hyrule. It's like Phantom Hourglass, in it that it was
only a dream
Maybe the mix of the powers of Majora's mask, getting knocked out cold, and the weird air of that forest he was in. Which would explain the weird colorful shapes we saw as Link fell to the ground right as you were going to get turned into a deku scrub. It only make sense that Link would hallucinate, because as Princess Zelda Reminds us, it wasn't long after he defeated Ganon that he left Hyrule. Chances are that Link was Highly traumatized by Ganon himself, and that all that has happened. This may have caused him to be just hanging on the edge, and the skullkid was the one that pushed him off the deep end. This May have caused his mind to create a dystopian society in his head, reflecting on the events that had just happened to him. Maybe the Moon crashing to the earth symbolized the pressure he had. after all, he was 10 and 17. that's a lot of pressure on one person. Most ten year olds aren't thinking about world politics at that age.

Shadow Mori

the shadow of the moon
sorry but unless the "dream skape" (the world of all mortal dreams) is real in Zelda I dont see how this could be true. Termina was an alternet relm to hyrule, if that is true than this whole idea that all of MM was just another LA is wrong.

C

calivino

im pretty damn sure mm is a dream, just solely, on the may similarities it has with a links awakening, a definate dream! the woods of mystery, the swamp, the way the songs have changed their names, the owl statues too, play links awakening and you will see tere is great reason to beleive its a dream

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom