• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link to the Past My Shovels Gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm playing Alttp for the first time, and I have gotten the shovel, then I got the flute. Awhile after I got my flute I wanted to play that digging mini-game, and when I went to select my shovel it just wasn't there! It's no longer in my inventory! Does this happen after you get your flute or something? I'm very confused right now. :hmm:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
A direct quote from ZD's Item List: This item is only temporary. The Flute Boy gives this to us in the Dark World so we can find his Flute in the Light World. After Link finds the buried Flute, he can no longer use the Shovel. In the time before he does find the Flute, he can find various things below the ground such as hearts and Rupees.

So it appears you lose it after a certain point, which I guess would be the Flute.

Last edited:
Well, I thought I read that, that makes me feel really stupid.

Sorry for the pointless thread.

This isn't necessarliy correct. I've long since completed the game 100% and still have access to the shovel. I didn't give it much thought when I did it, so I this might have nothing to do with it, but have you played the flute for the bird trapped in the weathervane yet? It's the mirror spot in the Light World as Thieves' Town/Gargoyle's Domain is located in the Dark World.

If that doesn't work, I really don't know, then... It might just be a glitch.

EDIT:
In the Gameboy version you get to keep the shovel. You must be playing on a SNES.
Oh, never mind, then. I didn't realize there were many differences between the two besides the modified Ice Palace, and Palace of the Four Sword.

Last edited:

Conor

the over analysing guy
This reminds me of the zeldathon livestream, where mases did a glitch or something to keep the shovel, and when he got a mandatory item really late in the game it wasn't added to his inventory :lol:

This reminds me of the zeldathon livestream, where mases did a glitch or something to keep the shovel, and when he got a mandatory item really late in the game it wasn't added to his inventory :lol:

That was in Link's Awakening. If you trade the shovel for the boomerang and then buy another shovel you can fill up your inventory early, I thought it was pretty funny when this happened to Mases during Zeldathon as I hadn't heard of the glitch before (I've only played Link's Awakening DX where the glitch was fixed).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom