• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler My Review on Starfox 64 3D.

Yep, Starfox 64 3D came out today. I have played about 1 hour of it and i have alot of tiny things to say about it.

Before I go into the points, I just want to say i feel sorry for the N64 after playing Starfox 64 3D.

Firstly is the Gyroscope control. I have to say, I'm pretty amazed with the Gyroscope again, it's nice and smooth and it doesn't mess up the "3D Sweet spot". the only problem with the gyroscope in Starfox 64 3D that it can go into one direction perminantly, but this can easily be fixed by moving the Circle pad in the desired angle (Hope that makes sense.) I actully find using Gyro controls easier than the circle pad alone.

Next is the changed bits. With starfox 64 3D, everything but the sound effects (Not including voices) was changed, and I mean, properly changed, even the dialogue. don't get me wrong, these changes are very good changes, especally the voice acting (the voice of Falco is amazing XD). The graphics are very unique and the scenary is very realistic (Zoness has a very beautiful scenary, even though it's supposed to be a dump). There was one thing I really liked about the realistic side of the graphics, and that was the Lylat system map. Unlike the N64 version, the light coming from Solar reflects on the other surrounding planets, showing the daytime and nightime on the planets giving it the more "out of Space" feel. (Well, the N64 version kinda did, but it wasn't as well done as the 3DS version). The Story Mode had two versions, One called Nintendo 64 and one called Nintendo 3DS. Basically, Nintendo 64 does not give you the option to use gyro controls, It basically wants you to play the game like the N64, In other words, relive the classic. As for Nintendo 3DS, it lets you use gyro controls, but you can still choose wheither or not you want to use them. Be warned, once you choose the prefered controls and start the game, you cannot change those setting for that game. Another feature is saving progress. Now you don't have to complete the story in one go, you can simply quit the game and it will save your progress, I find this really handy.

Finally have the multiplayer. I like what they've improved on. In the N64 version, you had to have another controller to play multiplayer, whereas with the 3DS version you can link up to other people, Or you can play on your own against computers (even playing against the computers is fun.). Theres only one thing the N64 Version had that the 3DS doesn't, and that's the choise to fight by arwing, landmaster and on foot. The gyro controls in multiplayer seem different to the story mode gyro controls in terms of movement. The multiplayer gyro gradully turns, ascend and decend. That said both Gyro settings are really good.

So overall, I'm really enjoying this remake, I think Starfox 64 3D really showed off more of the Gyroscope than any other games, and it was a good decision to remake it. I only wish they changed the title to Lylat wars 3D :P

So have you got your copy of Starfox 64 3D? If not, will you be getting it? If so, are you enjoying it? I look forward to reading your comments. ( Just don't say anything about new titles though, Lol)

Last edited:
Okay, its been decided, im going to buy this. Thanks for the review. I might look for a few more, but i love this game, and id love to play it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom