• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My, Rather Unique, Timeline.

L

Linkypoo

Here it is:

'Rebooted' Timeline: Adult: OOT-TWW/PH Child: OOT/MM-TP

'Retconned' Timeline: Adult: OOT-ALTTP/LA-LOZ/AOL-OOX Child: OOT/MM

'Four Swords' Timeline: TMC-FS/FSA

You see, I believe that the 'Retconned' Timeline was what Miyamoto intended before Aonuma came into the picture. He outright said that the Imprisoning War were the events of OOT, so that would place ALTTP after OOT, since Ganon was trying to escape the seal put on him in OOT during ALTTP by using Agahnim the wizard as his puppet, and it said on the Japanese website that LA was a direct sequal to ALTTP, and the Link and Zelda from ALTTP were said to be the ancestors of the Link and Zelda from LOZ, and the OOX had stuff from the two NES games.

But when Aonuma came into the picture, and helped make Wind Waker, it created problems with ALTTP being the IW, especially since Ganon was trying to escape from his seal in ALTTP, and trying to do the same in the beginning of TWW, both from the seal cast on him in OOT. So, he seemed to make the 3D games part of continuity, and dropped all games before TWW, except for OOT and MM. He also confirmed that MM and TP take place in the Child line, and hasn't even mentioned the retro games when it comes to timeline tidbits like that.

The Four Swords timeline are completely unrelated to all other games, including OOT and MM. They even gave Ganon a different origin for this timeline, in FSA. The Master Sword or other games aren't refrenced in this timeline, which supports this theory.

Thoughts? Oh, and I'm new, so go easy. :)

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
why cant ALTTP/LA-LoZ/AoL-OoX go after WW/PH? whether or not it was intended to be after OoT there is nothing in WW that would stop it from going after WW.

i kind of agree with your order of the above games (i put OoX before LoZ/AoL) and i agree with your child timeline but i would still put those games retconned adult timeline games after WW/PH.

i dont agree that FS series have its own timeline. in the GBA version of ALTTP, in the dark world you can go to the palace of the four sword or the shrine of the four sword. i dont remember the exact name but i know its there cus i just saw it today. you cant go in it til you beat the game though because the creature blocking the way says only a true hero can enter. but the fact that ALTTP refers to the four sword means that the FS series are on the split timeline like every other game. i know that when you enter there is a broken four sword and open chest or something like that which symbolizes that ganon, who was previously captured in the chest with the four sword at the end of FSA, escaped which means FSA comes before ALTTP so the other FS games must go somewhere on the regular timeline as well.

i personally put MC before OoT. i also then have FS/FSA-ALTTP/LA-OoX-LoZ/AoL after WW.

L

Linkypoo

Those games can't come after TWW/PH, because OOT was meant to be a prequal to ALTTP, and if you place ALTTP after TWW, then you have to explain why Ganon is still trying to escape from the seal placed on him in OOT, when he already DID in TWW, and how he went from being killed and turned to stone at the end of the Wind Waker to being back in the Sacred Realm/Dark World for ALTTP.

Oh, and the 'Palace Of The Four Sword' was a way for Nintendo to promote Four Swords, nothing more.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Those games can't come after TWW/PH, because OOT was meant to be a prequal to ALTTP, and if you place ALTTP after TWW, then you have to explain why Ganon is still trying to escape from the seal placed on him in OOT, when he already DID in TWW, and how he went from being killed and turned to stone at the end of the Wind Waker to being back in the Sacred Realm/Dark World for ALTTP.

....really? there could be a game inbetween that explains how this is possible. GANON is in ALTTP. not GANONDORF. ganondorfs body was turned to stone. that doesnt mean hes dead. he could be ressurected into ganon somehow and a different seal could have been placed on him. keep in mind that the creators had absolutely no timeline in mind until the creation of WW which means every game before that was not made with a timeline in mind (which includes ALTTP) which means they will not fit as nicely as we would like. also, the dark world was the place where the triforce was. you believe this to be the sacred realm but that makes no sense. obviously, there are portals that make going to and leaving the dark world possible. why would they trap ganondorf in an escapable place? also, the dark world was said to be the previous home of the triforce until ganon went and touched it and turned that place into the dark world. why would ganondorf in OoT been trapped in the place WITH the triforce? he could have just wished himself free. obviously there are things that dont add up. that doesnt make it impossible. that just makes them plot holes. it was made before the timeline which means its not going to fit perfectly no matter where you put it.

Oh, and the 'Palace Of The Four Sword' was a way for Nintendo to promote Four Swords, nothing more.

how is this true? why would they promote a game that already comes with the game? thats like buying a wii and on the box it says "buy a wii today!" you already have it.

by the way, Vaati isnt in ALTTP. that means that they made FSA based off of the fact that there is a palace of the four sword in ALTTP. this means they purposely wanted the games to connect.

youre making it hard to go "easy" on you.

L

Linkypoo

Ganon IS Ganondorf, just in a demonic boar form. They aren't two seperate beings with a different mind/personality or anything. And, the SR became the DW in OOT when Ganondorf entered the SR, and wished to rule Hyrule, right before the Adult Link portion of Ocarina. Heck, in the Japanese version of OOT, Zelda mentioned that Ganon had been sealed in the Dark World in her discussion with Link in the clouds, although she still just called it the SR in the American release. And the creators did have a timeline in mind before TWW. Miyamoto even confirmed the IW as being the events of OOT before TWW was even announced!

And, the Palace of the Four Sword wasn't apart of the original SNES/SFC version of ALTTP, which should be enough to justify it as being non-canon.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
it is widely believed and i even think there might be a creator quote somewhere saying that the GBA version is the canon version. also, ALTTP HAS TO GO AFTER WW based on what youre saying.

if the BS is talking about the events of ganondorf being sealed in the SR then that means it can only go on the adult timeline because he doesnt get sealed in the SR in the childtimeline. WW obviously goes on the adult timeline. the BS of WW makes it impossible for ALTTP to go before it which means it can only go after it.

the creators confirmed a split timeline which means thats all it is, a split. there is no mention of alternate timelines or anything like that. MC has connections to other games. the figurines of the three girls with the goddesses names say that they are descendants of a line of oracles from labrynna/holodrum (depending on which you read) which means MC is connected to OoX which is connected to other games on the timeline. FS and FSA are connected to MC because they have the same antagonist and sword which means they are all part of the timeline just like the other games.

i never said Ganondorf and Ganon arent the same person but every game on the timeline after TP and WW only features the demon form, which is a sign that in TP and in WW the human form is destroyed leaving only his demonic form living. its still the same person in a different form but he is seemingly killed in both TP and WW which might explain why every game that supposedly goes after them on the timeline never shows the human form.

also, just because they said that the BS for ALTTP was the events of OoT back in the day doesnt mean they had a timeline in mind. that was just common knowledge and they most likely said that to clear up confusion for those who werent sure. that is not at all an indicator of there being a timeline. they just loosely based the adult events of OoT on the BS of ALTTP because they thought it would be a good idea.

L

Linkypoo

I'd love to see that creator quote. And, it wouldn't work, so it makes sense to put ALTTP, not in the child timeline, but remove it from the current timeline, and place it in the Adult Timeline of the Old timeline Miyamoto intended before Aounuma worked on WW. I know the difference
between a Split and Alternate timeline. If you look at my timeline, I have a split in both retconned and rebooted timelines. So, that means ALTTP fits better after OOT, instead after Wind Waker. And how did Hyrule become unflooded for the events of ALTTP?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I'd love to see that creator quote. And, it wouldn't work, so it makes sense to put ALTTP, not in the child timeline, but remove it from the current timeline, and place it in the Adult Timeline of the Old timeline Miyamoto intended before Aounuma worked on WW. I know the difference
between a Split and Alternate timeline. If you look at my timeline, I have a split in both retconned and rebooted timelines. So, that means ALTTP fits better after OOT, instead after Wind Waker. And how did Hyrule become unflooded for the events of ALTTP?

the split timeline was confirmed by miyamoto AFTER WW was made. this means that if ALTTPE wasnt meant to be on the same timeline that would have been stated. there has NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER been any confirmation, discussion, hints to anything other than ONE split timeline. this is all just you trying to be smart and it not working. there are plot holes. la de da, there are plot holes in any game connected to another game. how does Ganondorf escape the SR in the BS of WW? it doesnt tell us, it only says he does. its an unanswered question. there are hundreds of unanswered questions in the series, that doesnt mean that there are hundreds of timelines. the way youre putting youre timline youre saying there are 3 different timelines, the split timeline, the original split timeline and the FS timeline. the FS games are connected to other games in the series so they go on the same timeline as every other game.

FS and FSA were created before MC. that means that before MC was made we had no idea where Vaati came from but we knew he was a force to be reckoned with. it took a few years to get a BS for him. there were a good handful of games before OoT that were made that had Ganon in them but we didnt know his background so years later OoT was made to explain his background. so where does the water go for ALTTP to take place? who knows, but im betting a future game will explain something to that affect (maybe ST). there is MUCH MUCH MUCH more evidence to put ALTTP after WW than there is evidence for ALTTP to not be on the same timeline as WW at all....beacuse you really have none except for your opinion.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!

What kind of non sense is this...

ALttP fits well after FSA... Well... FSA looks like it was made to be the prequel to ALttP.
And what Zemen said about the Four Swords Palace: he is totally right. You don't need to promote something if you already bought it. It was a way to encourage people to play FS, that's true, but it is still an add-on to the original ALttP story, and the GBA version is the canon one.
Vaati is NOT in ALttP cause he was killed in FSA.
The Four Sword palace is in the Dark World because at the end of FSA, Ganon was banished to there. You need more proof? What about the broken Four Sword inside the palace?

L

Linkypoo

What kind of non sense is this...

ALttP fits well after FSA... Well... FSA looks like it was made to be the prequel to ALttP.
And what Zemen said about the Four Swords Palace: he is totally right. You don't need to promote something if you already bought it. It was a way to encourage people to play FS, that's true, but it is still an add-on to the original ALttP story, and the GBA version is the canon one.
Vaati is NOT in ALttP cause he was killed in FSA.
The Four Sword palace is in the Dark World because at the end of FSA, Ganon was banished to there. You need more proof? What about the broken Four Sword inside the palace?

I still want proof that one of the creators said POTFS is canon.

And I never asked why Vaati wasn't in ALTTP.
And ALTTP seems to imply that Ganon never left his seal since OOT, so it has to be the same seal as that game, not FSA.

'Retconned' Timeline: Adult: OOT-ALTTP/LA-LOZ/AOL-OOX
Wrong. You say that the retconned timeline is what Miyamoto was going for? Miyamoto in 1998 stated that it went OoT-LoZ/AoL-LttP. Clearly that means that was originally the intent.
You see, I believe that the 'Retconned' Timeline was what Miyamoto intended before Aonuma came into the picture. He outright said that the Imprisoning War were the events of OOT, so that would place ALTTP after OOT, since Ganon was trying to escape the seal put on him in OOT during ALTTP by using Agahnim the wizard as his puppet, and it said on the Japanese website that LA was a direct sequal to ALTTP, and the Link and Zelda from ALTTP were said to be the ancestors of the Link and Zelda from LOZ, and the OOX had stuff from the two NES games.
They ****ed up the SW. Ganon didn't get the full Triforce, didn't kill Gerudo, and wasn't sealed the night he got the Triforce. OoT being the SW was destroyed when Miyamoto stated that it went OoT-LoZ/AoL-LttP for the reasons you've already stated.
And, the Palace of the Four Sword wasn't apart of the original SNES/SFC version of ALTTP, which should be enough to justify it as being non-canon.
Well, see, how are the creators supposed to retcon something if no one will except that their retconned version is canon?
And ALTTP seems to imply that Ganon never left his seal since OOT, so it has to be the same seal as that game, not FSA.
I agree... somewhat. I would agree that Ganon hasn't left the Dark World since the SW(/IW) but I would not agree that OoT is still the SW. FSA was clearly originally meant to be the SW and the direct link between OoT and LttP has been broken. They obviously don't care if OoT is the SW anymore.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!

And I never asked why Vaati wasn't in ALTTP.

It is simple, the older version was retconned, and the GBA one is the canon version now... POTFS is in the GBA version, thus is canon. Simple and easy, unless you are too stubborn to admit it

'Rebooted' Timeline: Adult: OOT-TWW/PH Child: OOT/MM-TP

'Retconned' Timeline: Adult: OOT-ALTTP/LA-LOZ/AOL-OOX Child: OOT/MM

'Four Swords' Timeline: TMC-FS/FSA

So, your opinion is that LoZ, AoL, LttP, LA, OoS and OoA were disregarded after TWW was produced? If that is the case, why would they have re-released both AoL and LttP with storyline changes after TWW?

You see, I believe that the 'Retconned' Timeline was what Miyamoto intended before Aonuma came into the picture.

Except that, in 1998, in an interview about OoT, Miyamoto said that the timeline was OoT-LoZ/AoL-LttP with LA coming anywhere...

But I do believe that, back in 1991, the intent was to have the timeline as LttP-LoZ/AoL...

He outright said that the Imprisoning War were the events of OOT, so that would place ALTTP after OOT,

Agreed.

since Ganon was trying to escape the seal put on him in OOT during ALTTP by using Agahnim the wizard as his puppet,

The newest (and, therefore, most canon) version of LttP doesn't have Ganon being sealed in the Imprisoning War in its storyline. TWW clearly retconned that...

and it said on the Japanese website that LA was a direct sequal to ALTTP,

Ehh, not that I remember. I mean, what site are you referring to?

and the Link and Zelda from ALTTP were said to be the ancestors of the Link and Zelda from LOZ,

That has never been confirmed, even though I will agree that they most probably were...

and the OOX had stuff from the two NES games.

OoX concept art had the same artforms from LttP and LA, not from LoZ/AoL. Also, it used the LA game engine.

Agahnm's eye appear in Veran's tower in OoA. Ganon has the trident in OoX and LttP, but not in LoZ. He is called Yami no Maou in OoX and LttP, but, again, not in LoZ.

So, all in all, I think there is more evidence supporting LttP/LA---OoX then LoZ/AoL---OoX

But when Aonuma came into the picture, and helped make Wind Waker, it created problems with ALTTP being the IW,

You meant ooT, not LttP, right?

especially since Ganon was trying to escape from his seal in ALTTP, and trying to do the same in the beginning of TWW, both from the seal cast on him in OOT.

And what was the next zelda game produced by Nintendo after TWW? A GBA remake with a different storyline. Basically, they removed any references to Ganon being sealed during the war... That's the most canonical version...

So, he seemed to make the 3D games part of continuity, and dropped all games before TWW, except for OOT and MM.

Proof? Because I really can't imagine Aonuma completely disregarding his favorite game (LttP) and take it off the timeline...

He also confirmed that MM and TP take place in the Child line, and hasn't even mentioned the retro games when it comes to timeline tidbits like that.

MM was never confirmed to come in the CT though...

The Four Swords timeline are completely unrelated to all other games, including OOT and MM. They even gave Ganon a different origin for this timeline, in FSA. The Master Sword or other games aren't refrenced in this timeline, which supports this theory.

The MS isn't referenced in PH or LA either. And there are (!) references to TWW and OoX in TMC.

Also, FSA geography was almost identical to LttP's. And Ganon had a different backstory in that game because they were clearly retconning LttP's original backstory.

Also, the Four Sword exists in LttP...

Thoughts? Oh, and I'm new, so go easy. :)

It is a good start, but i don't think you should ignore games like that. There are no confirmations that they ever decided to drop any of the past games from the timeline. So, work on that and your theory will be better ;)

But the newest version of the LttP manual doesn't mention Ganon being sealed in the SR since the IW. They changed that so that LttP could still come in the AT after TWW...

On the contrary. Nintendo didn't use LttP to promote FS. They used FS to promote and sell the GBA version of LttP. Proof of that is that most of the people that bought the game didn't even play FS, just LttP.

FS was, probably, originally meant to be just an spin-off, with no connections to the main series. But then they decided to use it to explain the new LttP BS when they made FSA. Maybe you should go for the following:

TMC-FS/FSA-LttP/LA-(OoX)-LoZ/AoL-(OoX)

...../-TWW/PH
OoT
.....\MM-TP

NOOO!!!!!!!
They changed the storyline of LttP on purpose. They made it for a reason: they wanted to retcon the old story. This means that the new version is the most canon.

I'd love to see that creator quote.

Tell me which quote and I'll get it for you. If it exists, of course...

Hmm, what is POTFS?

Except that the story in the manual of the GBA version of LttP doesn't mention Ganon being sealed in the SR during the IW at all...

It is simple, the older version was retconned, and the GBA one is the canon version now... POTFS is in the GBA version, thus is canon. Simple and easy, unless you are too stubborn to admit it

What is POTFS? You all seem to understand that...

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
POTFS=Palace of The Four Sword

it took me a couple posts to figure that one out.

Oh, that being the case:

@Linkypoo: The POTFS is in the newest version of an official game, therefore i is canon until a developer states it isn't. This means that you are the one who needs a creator quote to prove it is not canon. As it is not a cameo or an easter egg (as it was pretty visible and easy to access, it is a valid timeline indicator as all the rest of the non-cameo/easter egg stuff in the games...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom