• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My problems with modern """games"""

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Yello,

My priblems with modern games are as follows:

1) appearance over performance
Every single one of these games - even zelda - keeps pushing appearance over performance. Im not a pcuck, I dont masterbate over 60 eff pee ess or whatever, but qhen the image constantly stutters and when the game constantly crashes, you've gotta scale back some systems. Recent examples: witcher 3, bloodborbe, zelda breath of the wild (wii u)

2) actions are tied to context sensitive buttons

This is hard to explain. Remember in Zelda Ocarina of Time where when you press A to open a door, and it opens? Well in games like NiOH, Ghosts Recon wildlands, you have to HOLD the button to perform the action and the action can only be performed after your character physically moves in position. This is slow and irritating. This isnt even tied strictly to gsmeplay - these days when skipping a cutscene you have to hold the button instead of press. Ridiculous. When i press a button i want the action to happen. Recent examples: NiOh, Ghost Recon Wildlands

3) game worlds are tailor made to tell a story
Old games werent made ro be interactive experiences but fun distracgions from IRL but now rhey are made to trll stories.

Recent examples: Life is Strange, Last of Us, Zelda Breath of the Wild

Well trll me what you think in the comments and dont forget to like and subscribe

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
wust I surmisesd frum tis post

u donnt like games thay arnt ooot
Recent examples: games that aren't oot
Haters mad as usual. I didn't cry about waahhh why isnt this muh oot waaah
I merely put out TRUE EXAMPLES of somethings that games these days do that are different from older games. If you want me to pick another game, try the game BLACKed for PS2. Its a shooter, and you can collect intel. But collectinf intel was not the point of the game; the game ovjextives were to get from point A to point B while dodging intricate and challenging enemy scenarios. Shooters these days includs you running around collecting inrel and have unintellugent enemy placements.

Recent examples: Call of Duty, Battlefield 1

Oh but your response: [sarcasm]muhhh oot XDDD [/sarcasm]

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I get the presentation over story point. And the last points obvious too.

The holding the button to perform context sensitive interactions thing is a bit nitpicky though. Not every game does that. It's not exactly standard already. Some games do it so there's a delay before the action is carried out in case players want to abort. Other times it's to provide more feedback. Since there's a brief time delay, it feels like the player has more of an impact on the action. Sometimes there's an actual gameplay purpose. In Mass Effect 3 for instance it took that long to revive a companion. You risked taking bullets for the second or two it took to perform the revive action. There's only ever like a split seconds delay though. If every game was doing this for every interaction, yeah that would be stupid and annoying but it's hardly a pandemic.

On the long list of problems with modern games, two out of these three are in the top ten... I wouldn't even rank the other among the top 100.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Ocarina of Time is the key to all games. So you kids better say your prayers, take your vitamins, and recognize.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom