• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My prediction(s) on botw2 - hear me out

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I really think the "past Link" is just BotW Link donning historical attire. I'm still kind of thinking about BotW2 potentially unravelling the backstory of BotW from a different angle, and the whole prophecy about "the answer to defeating Calamity Ganon being underground" not ending up being about the Divine Beasts as believed in BotW, and instead referred to something that predated them. The hand might be a part of it, but we have all beeninterested in the Zonai and the green and the glyphs in Faron, so I'm thinking the attire may be linked to them and since BotW Zelda had to don special attire in order to pray to Hylia, I really don't think it's weird that Link would have his own sort of special attire for his trials with the Zonai.
I really, really like the "unraveling the backstory of botw from a different angle" bit of this. Calamity Ganon is Ganon's malice (aka Demise's curse) overflowing and spreading in the form of a giant Calamity Rage Monster. But if it's overflowing, it has to be from somewhere. The sheikah decided to create divine beasts to combat this monster, but they were only attacking the symptom. That's why it just keeps coming back, growing stronger each time. If I'm right, in Botw2 they're going to try and find the root of the problem, Ganoncorpse himself, and cut off the cycle there. If they keep attacking the hydra's head and let the cycle continue a future generation will probably fail (as they almost did). So to have that theme of going down and delving into that history would go really well with the classic attire.

If it was possible to disagree with something more than entirely I would to this
Ah yes, more timeline headaches. Sounds fun.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Honestly, the idea of playing as two different Links in one game just wouldn't hold a lot of significance to me unless they're significantly differentiated somehow. As Link is written now, it'd just feel like playing as the same guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom