• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art My Path Through Life

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Introduction
Racing down the road Terry was hearing a voice play in the back of his head, “Why didn’t you come” the voice he heard was filled with disappointment. However the face that He saw along with it did not look disappointed; it was full of anger. “It was like you did not even care that I graduated. You don’t even seem to care that I got in to collage.” He let out a sigh. His son’s words cut him deeply.

Seven years ago he had divorced his wife leaving behind two children, they were brothers and both of them were in the autism spectrum. He also left more debt than any normal family could handle, let alone a single parent family.

Chapter 1 Preschool-before kindergarten
Will was only four when his family moved to their new home in Pennsylvania. To him his family was perfect. There was nothing more that he needed. He had a mother a father and a brother. They spent time together. He would eat almost anything that his mother would put in front of him (except the normal food that that a four year old refused to eat). His father would play with him and his brother in the back yard. They would play games like “helicopter” and chase. He even tried to teach Will how to play baseball. Will and his brother fought like normal brothers. Everything for them for the most part was normal. However almost everything change two months after they had moved into the house in Pennsylvania. His mother had received evaluation results that his brother had a mental condition called autism.

Will did not see what difference that it made, however he was wrong. Some things that seemed like they would be minor changed. Every day after that there had seem to always be people their playing with his brother (they were TSS workers). His mother was always talking with them and participating with the many people that came. However when Will had went over to try to play along with his brother the people who came in had told him that he could not participate. They were there for what seemed like they were there at the house for all of the day. Each and every day right as soon as the people who came for his brother had left his mother put dinner on the table. Each day at the dinner table Will and his brother waited for their dad to come home. He came home and their parent talked about their day.

For a while Will was able to entertain himself while waiting for dinner. However he eventually ran out of ideas of what he could do with himself. He missed playing with his brother and mother. One day during one of the sessions he watched what his brother would do. He watched what his brother did to get attention when his mother and the person who came in to work with his brother. He noticed three things that his brother would do. His brother would pinch and bite, he would through a tantrum, and he would kick them. Will thought to himself. “This is what I have to do to get my mommy’s attention.” So after dinner that night he pinched his mom’s arm as hard as he could. His mother began to yell at him and he was sent to his room. The next day he threw a tantrum over nothing. It was successful the first three times. His mother would ask him what was wrong and Will would simply reply “I don’t know.” After a while she stopped coming when he was screaming because she knew that there was no reason for him to scream. When Will found out that this was not working he decided to try the final thing that he saw his brother do to get attention. He decided to lie on the floor and kick at his mother. She over exaggerated the pain to stress that he should not do that to people and then sent him to his room.

Will began to wonder why his brother got attention doing these things no matter what but when he did them he would have to stay in his room and go to bed early. It made no sense to him. His mother was spending all her time with his brother his father was always away at work and when he was at home he was sleeping. Everything he had accepted as normal had changed. He actually began to hate his brother. He did not understand why all the attention was on his brother. Every day Will and his brother got into fights that were not normal bother vs. brother. Will then began to bite and hit his brother. Who pinched and bit him back. He did not care whether or not it it was positive attention he was getting attention from his mother and father, and that was that entire he cared about.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
Is this this is a fiction story and it has a happy ending in the end

A very different kind of story then I see, a down to earth kind.:) Sounds like this is going to be dark.. going be hard to read! D: Even though it's sad it's an interesting setup. You write will well and I can see how things are unfolding for him and why he feel you has to make such choice as a young boy, I feel for him.. it;s too bad the mother trying to help her autistic son make things worse for them all. Not sure but it seemed line he not just Will was happier too before the change. Now they both don't get to play with their brother.. :( now they are going to hate one another...
Looking forward to the next chapter!

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Is this this is a fiction story and it has a happy ending in the end

A very different kind of story then I see, a down to earth kind.:) Sounds like this is going to be dark.. going be hard to read! D: Even though it's sad it's an interesting setup. You write will well and I can see how things are unfolding for him and why he feel you has to make such choice as a young boy, I feel for him.. it;s too bad the mother trying to help her autistic son make things worse for them all. Not sure but it seemed line he not just Will was happier too before the change. Now they both don't get to play with their brother.. :( now they are going to hate one another...
Looking forward to the next chapter!

Thank you Keyshe no this is sorta my auto. It a stress relife thing. Some stuff is going on in my life and I desied to write my life as a narrative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom