• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My N64 is Being a Piece of Crap Right Now.

donkey kong

Juicy pants.
Alright, yesterday my N64 started to reset at complete random without me even being near the console. So today I cleaned all my games, the expansion pack, the place where you put the expansion pack, the cartridge slot, and the vent things near the slot. Today while I was playing Majora's Mask I had to do something so I saved at an owl statue. When I came back to resume play everything was fine until I forgot about this heart piece. So I went to the location and then all of a sudden the game reset even though I was only playing for 30 minutes. But I made a lot of progress during that 30 minute span and now it is all gone:(. So anyways, can anyone here suggest a possible solution? It will be greatly appreciated. Also it is not just Majora's Mask, all my other N64 games randomly restart as well. So it is not my games that are messed up.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
ALL your games?! That happens to me when my 64 overheats but that only happens if I play for more than 3 hours or so...if you cleaned all the slots I don't really know what to say. Internal batteries? Sorry I can't be more helpful!

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
There could be a lot of dust under the reset button. N64s are simple to take apart given that you have a 4.5mm gamebit. I would open it up and see if there is a lot of dust or hair inside it that would cause it to overheat or if there is any debris under the reset button.

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
You still play the 64? Kudos. My dad is a big meanie and sold it + the dreamcast.... and the PS2. :( My dad did have this problem when I was playing Kario Kart 64 with him when I was younger. It was the dust in the actual machine. Clear it out and it should be working fine...

That's why I've gone to playing N64 games on the emulator now. Sooner or later, the battery will die in your cartridges and all your saves will be lost. At least on the PC, you can archive and always have your accomplishments.

You should give the N64 a short brake. Months ago I got these NES games and they weren't working. Months later, they work for some reason. If you don't want to wait, use google because google is your friend. If the save battery doesn't work, then its probably someone else's fault. LoZ 1 is (to my knowledge) the first video game to have a save feature and my LoZ 1 saving system still works. We will know that all of the saving systems in all cartridges will stop working if LoZ 1's saving stops working.

Last edited:
My LoZ gold cartridge been stopped saving correctly xD. It holds the info for a while, but after a while it's all blank again. Same with the 1st gameboy version. You could replace the battery inside the cartridge but who wants to do all that :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom