• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art My (mostly Zelda Related) Ceramic Creations.

Not much time left until I leave for the summer break, so I will just glaze everything that has been tested before. It's quite risky and there are still many ways to go wrong but it's expected for I only have 4 months of ceramic experience, but I'm definitely going to do more of that later this year and remake some stuff I feel like remaking.

ChuChu with green incing glaze and underglaze painting, I might have put a bit too much peacock green stain, 8% to be exact, so the color might be a bit dark in the end. But it's nothing if the glaze runs, which will bring the underglaze with it and all the painting will be deformed, other than that there's not much to go wrong in this one.

So cute!

DSCF4067.jpg

basically that's it for today, I made a plate and glazed another bowl but didn't take any pictures, I also started on the MM's moon but it's not finished.

busy day today and I didn't do much apart from glazing the pot I made.
Still not sure what I can use this pot for apart from smashing it, but I wanna finish it first:-)

DSCF4073.jpg

Djinn

and Tonic
No, make three more rupees and place them into the pot. Then you can smash it.

Or make an octorock and place it out in the backyard and see if you can hit it with the pot. But be sure to record all of it and upload it to youtube so we can watch.

Glazed the moon today and started another firing, can't wait to see what comes out tomorrow, would be lucky if anything turns out to be good.

DSCF4074.jpg

the firing is done and boy everything turned out to be pretty good.

The moon from the Majora's mask. Underglaze painting on smooth icing glaze with 10% gray stain. The glaze was a bit thick so it expanded a little bit, tearing the underglaze paint away. And it rolled off the tripod and into the kiln wall during firing so there are some marks near the mouth. Still, not that bad and I'm not going to try to fix it, which will only make it worse.

DSCF3353.jpg

DSCF3759.jpg

DSCF4074.jpg

DSCF4105.jpg

Crappy Bowl with Crappy Oxide Painting is finished as well, the result is acceptable although all the colors have disappeared. At least I have a bowl to use.

DSCF3

DSCF4106.jpg

Zelda's bracelet from Skyward Sword, obviously this one is not how it looks in the game. I found a commercial glaze at least 20 years old called the "smoky sliver", which gives this shiny deep metallic sliver coat. I made two Zelda's Bracelets and this first one is rather crap so I applied that glaze on it just to see how it looks. Turned out to be pretty cool if you ignore all the rough finishes and sharp edges, but it's better than nothing.

DSCF4085.jpg

the cute chuchu from the wind waker!

the finished piece is better than I expected. The glaze didn't run and the underglazes largely remains the color they supposed to be. There are some crawling at the foot, possibly because it was a bit thick, or because it didn't melt that well since it's not runny.

Would make a great decoration at home.

DSCF3428.jpg

DSCF3440.jpg

DSCF3676.jpg

DSCF4067.jpg

DSCF4103.jpg

The Zelda Pot
My first coil built pot got some blue majolica treatment, turned out to be pretty good. Glazed inside and out, this pot is fully functional(although I don't know what function it could have for me), and with simple and elegant design(I was just lazy).
The blue is (more or less) spot on with 1% cobalt carbonate and slightly less opacifier. I scraped off the blue glaze to reveal the white slip underneath.

DSCF3546.jpg

DSCF3571.jpg

DSCF4073.jpg

DSCF4097.jpg

of course all of those could definitely be better but at least I know what was right and what went wrong. Learning ceramics is a fascinating and rewarding experience. Of course it's also a long one, and this is just the beginning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom