• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My More-or-Less Obvious Timeline

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Moblins were made by Ganon in his image, If there was no ganondorf, then there are no Moblins
That is really the only flaw I can see in MC being first theory, its not much, but it still dosnt make it any clearer

I have played ALL Zeldas recently and I didn't remember that being said not even once... If you by any chance used a non-canon source(i.e. the manga or the cartoons), then that is completely wrong...

And the only minimal thing, wich might probably be an easter egg is the mention of the Fork Shards or whatever they are called in a book that's in the library, but Myiamoto said FS was before OoT, so that puts MC before Oot

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I have played ALL Zeldas recently and I didn't remember that being said not even once... If you by any chance used a non-canon source(i.e. the manga or the cartoons), then that is completely wrong...

And the only minimal thing, wich might probably be an easter egg is the mention of the Fork Shards or whatever they are called in a book that's in the library, but Myiamoto said FS was before OoT, so that puts MC before Oot

THANK YOU! i think youre like the only other person who knows that miyamoto said that. i cant give any interview quotes or anything but i remember reading up on MC like a while ago when it first came out and this article said that it was a prequel to FS and then i was reading up on FS because i didnt know much about it and i found some article review with quotes about it and one of them said something along the lines of "think of the events in four swords as if they come before ocarina of time" or something like that.

also, it seems that most people are just assuming that MC, FS, and FSA come right after one another. someone stated that because FSA has Vaati trying to ressurect ganon, that means all three of those games have to come after PH. thats not true at all. MC could take place hundreds of years before FSA. who's to say that MC and FS cant come before OoT and then hundreds of years later the events of FSA take place? just because the games are connected doesnt mean they all happen in relatively close times.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
THANK YOU! i think youre like the only other person who knows that miyamoto said that. i cant give any interview quotes or anything but i remember reading up on MC like a while ago when it first came out and this article said that it was a prequel to FS and then i was reading up on FS because i didnt know much about it and i found some article review with quotes about it and one of them said something along the lines of "think of the events in four swords as if they come before ocarina of time" or something like that.

also, it seems that most people are just assuming that MC, FS, and FSA come right after one another. someone stated that because FSA has Vaati trying to ressurect ganon, that means all three of those games have to come after PH. thats not true at all. MC could take place hundreds of years before FSA. who's to say that MC and FS cant come before OoT and then hundreds of years later the events of FSA take place? just because the games are connected doesnt mean they all happen in relatively close times.

You don't have to thank me... I always thought they didn't have to be next to each other, and after paying lots of attention to in-game details, i came across the conclusion that FSA is probably a prequel to ALttP... It makes lots of sense... I guess they weren't using ALttP's visual style, and name locations just by coincidence, but they were trying to hint at something... Also, if it comes before ALttP, it explains how Ganon got the Trident of Power, and makes LoZ and AoL come also in the Child Timeline, probably after LA... And the Oracles fit too better after AoL to be coincidence

T

Typhingblade

Links awakening goes after the oracles... because it is the oracle link traveling the world and he gets shipwrecked... to a dream world...

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Links awakening goes after the oracles... because it is the oracle link traveling the world and he gets shipwrecked... to a dream world...

and how do you know that its the same link? i dont remember anything in either game that hints to that at all.

I believe you posted this in another thread as well. However LA does not take place after the Oracles. Like I stated in the other thread, LA takes place directly after ALttP with the same Link as in ALttP. That is stated within the manual of LA. The manual of the Oracle games, at least the one for Seasons, states that it is an entirely new adventure for Link. It dosen't specify whether or not the Link in the Oracle titles is another Link from another Zelda game, but he is definitely not the same one as in LA.

C

Caleb, Of Asui

I'm getting a bit confused about what some of you guys are saying.
Actually, Link's Awakening can be after the Oracle games if you put the Oracle games earlier in the timeline. XP Some people tend to think that A Link to the Past / Link's Awakening have the same Link and the Oracle games because of the official artwork.
http://www.zeldadungeon.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=52&pos=11
http://www.zeldadungeon.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=62&pos=3
I think the really long bangs are the main similarity.

It's a little hard to make a continuation of Four Swords Adventures out of any of the other games, even A Link to the Past. At the end of FSA, we see Ganon trapped in the Four Sword, just like Vaati was previously. The only other games that include the Four Sword are The Minish Cap and Four Swords, which I think everyone mutually agrees precede Four Swords Adventures. You might assume that this takes Ganon directly to the Dark World. If that's after Ocarina of Time, Ganondorf's already in the Dark World, so... it's a bit weird.

I'm getting a bit confused about what some of you guys are saying.
Actually, Link's Awakening can be after the Oracle games if you put the Oracle games earlier in the timeline. XP Some people tend to think that A Link to the Past / Link's Awakening have the same Link and the Oracle games because of the official artwork.

Yeah, you "can" put them in that order. But that would be going against what we already have written as fact. Not trying to be rude by any means, but there is a lot of information out there, plus what has been confirmed by the developers that help us to put certain games in certain places in a timeline. It just so happens that Link's Awakening comes after ALttP, and not the Oracles. Here is a link to the manual:

http://www.desertcolossus.com/guide.php?page=zelda4/story&menu=iv

Of course this is a typed version of what is in the manual and not a scan, but it is taken directly from the manual. Because this game was made after ALttP, the manual would make no sense to be talking about any other event in Hyrule in which Link defeated Ganon. Plus, in the Oracles, you defeat Ganon in Labrynna or Holodrum, not Hyrule, so the people of Hyrule at this time would not be worried about Ganon's return. And even if somehow they were worried, the point that was trying to be made was that after Link sails away at the end of the Oracle games, he is caught in a storm which leads to the events of LA. This wouldn't make sense, as the LA manual clearly states that Link sailed away from Hyrule after the fact that the people of Hyrule were worried about Ganon's return. In order for this to be possible and have LA come after OoX, Link would have had to sailed back to Hyrule after he was done in the Oracles, then the people be worried for some reason about Ganon's return, then Link to sail back away from Hyrule, and that all makes absolutely no sense when the manual continuation from ALttP is so clear.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
It's a little hard to make a continuation of Four Swords Adventures out of any of the other games, even A Link to the Past. At the end of FSA, we see Ganon trapped in the Four Sword, just like Vaati was previously. The only other games that include the Four Sword are The Minish Cap and Four Swords, which I think everyone mutually agrees precede Four Swords Adventures. You might assume that this takes Ganon directly to the Dark World. If that's after Ocarina of Time, Ganondorf's already in the Dark World, so... it's a bit weird.

In the GBA version of ALttP, in The Palace of The Four Swords mini dungeon(wich is located in the Pyramid of Power) you find the broken Four Sword(need anymore connections?), that's why the SNES version of ALttP was retconned from canon and replaced by the GBA version

C

Caleb, Of Asui

Yeah, you "can" put them in that order. But that would be going against what we already have written as fact. Not trying to be rude by any means, but there is a lot of information out there, plus what has been confirmed by the developers that help us to put certain games in certain places in a timeline. It just so happens that Link's Awakening comes after ALttP, and not the Oracles. Here is a link to the manual:

http://www.desertcolossus.com/guide.php?page=zelda4/story&menu=iv

Of course this is a typed version of what is in the manual and not a scan, but it is taken directly from the manual. Because this game was made after ALttP, the manual would make no sense to be talking about any other event in Hyrule in which Link defeated Ganon. Plus, in the Oracles, you defeat Ganon in Labrynna or Holodrum, not Hyrule, so the people of Hyrule at this time would not be worried about Ganon's return. And even if somehow they were worried, the point that was trying to be made was that after Link sails away at the end of the Oracle games, he is caught in a storm which leads to the events of LA. This wouldn't make sense, as the LA manual clearly states that Link sailed away from Hyrule after the fact that the people of Hyrule were worried about Ganon's return. In order for this to be possible and have LA come after OoX, Link would have had to sailed back to Hyrule after he was done in the Oracles, then the people be worried for some reason about Ganon's return, then Link to sail back away from Hyrule, and that all makes absolutely no sense when the manual continuation from ALttP is so clear.

I wasn't really trying to argue that they go together. I was just pointing out that some people could (and do) think that it works that way. You made a good argument, though. Good job.;)

In the GBA version of ALttP, in The Palace of The Four Swords mini dungeon(wich is located in the Pyramid of Power) you find the broken Four Sword(need anymore connections?), that's why the SNES version of ALttP was retconned from canon and replaced by the GBA version

Holy crap! I totally forgot about that! I haven't played that part of the game, so I'm in a bit of a loss there. I know it is really close to where Ganon is.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I wasn't really trying to argue that they go together. I was just pointing out that some people could (and do) think that it works that way. You made a good argument, though. Good job.;)

Holy crap! I totally forgot about that! I haven't played that part of the game, so I'm in a bit of a loss there. I know it is really close to where Ganon is.

Some people think that, and that's why were here, the story gurus xD, to enlighten them... About the FS Palace, it's okay, a lot of people haven't played that part of the Game... I admit that I only recently played that part of the game, but hey, there's always Youtube to see it:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom