• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My Little Pony?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so My Little Pony has its own little internet fan base and I am fine with that. But I want to know what the big fascination a bunch of teenage+ people have with a children's cartoon aimed at girls in-between the ages of 5 and 10. I'm certain that there are some "Bronies" out there that are willing to fill me in.

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
I have also been wondering this exact same thing. I, sadly, do not have an answer to this question either. Can somebody tell us what's with the whole My Little Pony fad?

Fellow Brony here. Friendship is Magic!! It's really hard to explain, it's better if you just watch the video yourself. My prior reaction to the love of MLP was "this is a kids show!" and then after the 20 minute show, I realized what it was all about.

I honestly have never liked MLP either. I only gave it a chance because I like the other stuff that the people who made it have done. I made it through an episode and a half and just did not like any of it. It never made me laugh a single time. I just got angry at it for being in my line of sight. I don't understand people's love of this show, but I suppose I have to except it as several of my friends happen to be Bronies.

Dracoburn

Lance's Protégé
Not sure. A friend, who is a Brony, dragged me in. And you know what? It's not a bad show. Actually, there are a lot of things put in there for teens and young adults, like how all of the doctors are named "Dr. Hooves". When you catch the references, you feel like you know an inside joke. And being able to identify as a Brony or a Pegasister makes you feel like you're part of an exclusive community, sort of like saying you still play first generation Pokemon, or saying that you secretly watch old Disney movies when you're alone. It's just some sort of quirk that people don't expect to learn about you.

I always thought the hype with the show was stupid. Then one of my friends made me watch the show and now I love it! It's just so funny and has good lessons too.

Why are there people liking it?
Even though I'm a brony, it's difficult to say. Not saying I don't understand how I got to like the show, but it is hard to put in words.

The things I liked are the humor, characterization, music and it entertains and educates at the same time... like some of the old Animaniacs shorts. That and it doesn't try to be too girly as well as poke fun at its own idealism. In fact that's another thing, its idealism isn't as simple as previous pony incarnations.

That's probably my problem with the show. I hate any television show that tries to teach a lesson. Entertainment should be just that and nothing more, in my opinion.

Wakko's 50 State Capitols - YouTube

Animaniacs - Nations Of The World - YouTube

Starleap

Canadian Girl
I'm not a major brony/pegasister, but I have a few MLP fans for friends, including my twin sister and multiple friends who are all a grade younger than me. It's not a horrible show and it's kinda entertaining.

Oh, btw, I learned all 50 states and their capitals from that song on Animaniacs, I live in Canada, OLD CARTOONS FTW!

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I never even know My Little Pony every got that big. But thankfully, I'm a normal guy and I'm not into that certain of thing.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Oh dear. This is becoming an argument...

From what I can see, this thread was only made so that non-bronies could make fun of the bronies. This thread asked why they like the show. We gave you an answer. And yet you start insulting us.

If we like ponies, that's our problem. Other people kindly tried to explain why they like it. If you still don't understand, then don't respond with petty, offensive comments, please. We can still be perfectly normal if we aren't exactly like you. I'm sure you have some kind of odd habit or passion that some might consider you strange for.

Try to be open-minded for once, and learn to just accept that some people have different tastes than you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom