• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art My Life After the War: The Tale of a Twili

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole

luke is my wife
For those of you who have read my first fan fic, The Hero of Light and Shadow, you should know that I will not be continuing that. It wasn’t turning out quite right, and I had left it alone for some time. I’ve got a new idea for a fic, though. Hold on to your pants…

This is still based on Twilight Princess. My idea is a series of journal entries from a young Twili character describing the events that happened in the Twilight Realm after Link defeats Ganondorf, and Midna returns. I’ll show you guys a sample, and see if I should continue from there.

Evening

What does this mean? These foreign numbers atop this parchment? Must I write in Hylian? Such a strange language. They have only one dialect, and so few characters in their alphabet. How do these Hylians communicate so easily? Why do they think “gnaw” must have a “G” in its beginning? Or “bomb” a “B” at its end? It is not “bom-buh“, it is “bom.” I suppose I ramble.

Things are so different now. Our princess has returned, yet even she is different. It is not as it was before the war with the Dark Lord. I still hear the shrieks of the monsters in the night. They haunt my dreams and seep their way into the innermost sanctuaries of my mind, destroying any sense of safety I had ever known. But we were not safe before. We are not safe now.

Will we ever be safe? When can I return to my daily life, with my young sister and brother, and my parents? With a family that has been torn apart limb from limb, until… What remains? Me. I am alone, in a land so familiar, yet so altered, so cold. How can I call this place home again? I cannot continue waiting for things to return to normalcy. To give myself false hope means to greaten the fall the next time my hopes are crushed. Destroyed. Eliminated. Decimated. Much like the core of our people.

I cannot wait for change to revive my people. I must start with myself in this matter. Change my world from the inside out. How can I do this? I am so little, so inexperienced. If only I possessed the courage of the Hero spoken about by the princess. She always commends his bravery, his patience, his ability to do, rather than wait. She seems more distressed about the fate of her Hero than the fate of the Twili, her people, whom she had already abandoned once before.

I will wait for morning before I get too ahead of myself. Perhaps I will be able to think more clearly when I am rested. If I sleep at all tonight....

Serino

Let me know if you think this was a good direction to go in. I'm open to suggestions, criticisms, ideas. Anything can help me out. ^^ Thanks for reading. 

Nicole

luke is my wife
Thanks, guys. I appreciate the feedback. Here is the next chapter, of sorts:

Midday

I have frightening news to speak of. My father, a dedicated member of the Royal Guard, a group of trained Twili soldiers given the purpose to protect the Princess at all times, no matter what, has suffered a grievous injury. I do not know his condition. Have not seen him since the night. I only know what I have heard, that he received a brutal hit to the head with a blunt projectile. My mother will not tell me more, other than he is unconscious. But alive. My father is alive.

I don’t understand why this happened. No one will explain it to me. I cannot just waste away here while so many troubling things occur. I have to find out why there is such secrecy. I fear that something runs deeper than anyone can imagine… But what is that something?

I know a young man who can answer my questions. He is an old friend of mine, before the war began. He fought for us in many battles. But the war changed him. He is no longer the happy, sweet boy he used to be, when he was at the age of fifteen, and I was nine. One day, his brother was slaughtered in a raid upon the Palace. He deserted the army without saying good-bye to anyone. We have not spoken since. I’ve no clue where he is.

My father once told me that Jausor ran away to the mountains in the east, past the citadel. That, even now, with the war won, he hides in a cave like a hermit. I have to find him.

These are difficult times, for young and elder alike. But I can’t explain more now. I am losing time writing. I have to make a speedy trip, as to not worry my mother. Not that she would notice.

I will record my findings here when I return. In the meanwhile…

Serino

I hope you guys like this next part. I came up with idea to sketch up a little map of the land, because I'm not using the canon Twilight Realm. I'm making parts up. I'll probably include a map with my next chapter. Until then, enjoy!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom