• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My Last Fear...

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Wazzup peoples?

All of my fears about Skyward Sword are now gone, I have comlpete faith in it to fullfill it's destiny and kick Oot's butt, I do have one more fear though, it's that the game won't have a lot of different areas. In the "official" map of the game, we see three provinces, I don't know if these are representing Desert, Forest and Eldin, but only three areas seems like nothing. I am sure that there will be more than one "area" in each individual province, I just need confimation.

I mean, we have the Forest from E3 that contains the Sky Temple, but we've seen another forest type place in trailers... I'll wait 43 days to see...

Well, think of it like this as a slight confirmation. There are 3 provinces in the whole game as of now, but we've seen a confirmed forest, desert, mountain, and water/river area (4 in total), which is basically telling us these three provinces will not just have different little areas, but they'll indeed be quite diverse in terms of terrain, and certainly full of life! Hopefully that calms your nerves a little :yes:

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Well..
People thought the same thing about the StarWars prequels ''No flaws,it's gonna Perfect, No worries), And those movies turned out to be a huge failure movie wise.. Financialy one of the highest grossing films ever.

Same thing could happen with SS, It could contradict alot of things in OoT but roll in cash like never before.
However this is a game and not a movie, And since nintendo knows what they are doing and this has been in development for some time now, I have faith in them too ;)

The map could turn out to be huge, One province might be the same size as TP's overworld all together.. You never know. :)

Last edited:

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Well..
People thought the same thing about the StarWars prequels ''No flaws,it's gonna Perfect, No worries), And those movies turned out to be a huge failure movie wise.. Financialy one of the highest grossing films ever.

Same thing could happen with SS, It could contradict alot of things in OoT but roll in cash like never before.
However this is a game and not a movie, And since nintendo knows what they are doing and this has been in development for some time now, I have faith in them too ;)

The map could turn out to be huge, One province might be the same size as TP's overworld all together.. You never know. :)

I knwo the game will be better than Zelda has ever been (unlike Star Wars) I am just scared that the backtracking aspect might be overdone, like we'd revisit areas several times when we could have brand new ideas that would present the ideas in a better way...

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
29as7b4.jpg

Look at this map, if Nintendo is consistent with their geography, it looks like there are three areas to drop down but with tons of environments and dungeons in each area.
Like they said, they want a full, multi-layered overworld. It looks like you can traverse from the forest area to the water, but you can go up to the sky and explore the desert. Seems really cool actually!

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
29as7b4.jpg

Look at this map, if Nintendo is consistent with their geography, it looks like there are three areas to drop down but with tons of environments and dungeons in each area.
Like they said, they want a full, multi-layered overworld. It looks like you can traverse from the forest area to the water, but you can go up to the sky and explore the desert. Seems really cool actually!
I can make out some of the names of the places under the clouds... and the map is identical to Ocarina of Time's map. :yes:

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel

I doubt that it would be larger than TP. It might be about the same size, but not really that much larger. It's because the purpose Nintendo gave to the two geographies are different. Nintendo wanted TP to be vast. As in REALLY vast. It was at least 5 times the size of OoT. One portion of Hyrule Field could probably fit the entire OoT overworld in. In SS though, Nintendo said they'd condense it. Instead of focusing on the size, they said they would focus on density of content.

As to the original question: remember how you felt about TP when it was shown. Everyone was like "FINALLY, an older Link. This game is gonna be EPIC!!! Better than WW and OoT!" But it didn't really surpass OoT. You shouldn't really get too too hyped about this (even though I am). Really, as the saying goes:

You can't judge a book by its cover

PS: in the super-imposed maps, what happened to Lake Hylia?

Last edited:

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
When did they say SS will be dense? In fact all I'm hearing about the game is that it will be massive.

Also, I don't know, it doesn't seem to be there. I think the water in the desert will become the Lake.

attachment.php

Here's SS's map for comparison.
hyrule.jpg

And OoT's.

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
I've seen that too. I would not worry, they might not be the only provinces. I was a little nervous when I saw this but we were told that their was going to 60 to 80 hours of the game so I bet either there is more than meets the eye (meaning more provinces) or the provinces are so big their are tons of things to do their. It might be a little more like Majora's Mask were there was only 4 dungeons but tons of things to do in the provinces. Skyloft is like clock town and the provinces are like the four worlds, it's a lot like MM when you think about it. If I were you I would not be scared Skyward Sword looks great!!!

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I doubt that it would be larger than TP. It might be about the same size, but not really that much larger. It's because the purpose Nintendo gave to the two geographies are different. Nintendo wanted TP to be vast. As in REALLY vast. It was at least 5 times the size of OoT. One portion of Hyrule Field could probably fit the entire OoT overworld in. In SS though, Nintendo said they'd condense it. Instead of focusing on the size, they said they would focus on density of content.

As to the original question: remember how you felt about TP when it was shown. Everyone was like "FINALLY, an older Link. This game is gonna be EPIC!!! Better than WW and OoT!" But it didn't really surpass OoT. You shouldn't really get too too hyped about this (even though I am). Really, as the saying goes:

PS: in the super-imposed maps, what happened to Lake Hylia?

I am not judging the book by it's cover, I am basing an opinion of several amazing pages that are better than anything I've read before.

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
I am not judging the book by it's cover, I am basing an opinion of several amazing pages that are better than anything I've read before.

Not trying to be harse, but here's the metaphor:

book pages : gameplay
book cover : game screenshots, etc
book synopsis : game spoiled info

So, unless you've actually played through much of the game, you're basically basing it on the cover

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Not trying to be harse, but here's the metaphor:

book pages : gameplay
book cover : game screenshots, etc
book synopsis : game spoiled info

So, unless you've actually played through much of the game, you're basically basing it on the cover

Your metaphore makes no sense...

I've tried Skyward Sword out before, it rocks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom