• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern My Idea for a Wii U Zelda

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
wii u.jpg

Here is an idea for a new Zelda for Wii U:
From the picture (sorry that it's so bad; I made really quickly in paint) you can see that the Control Stick still controls Link and L-targeting is present. However, there is still accurate swordplay by drawing a line with your finger on the touch screen. This Phantom Hourglass/Fruit Ninja hybrid control scheme will allow players to precisely control which direction they want Link to swing in. From the picture you can see that the player drew the line diagonally up-left; in the picture, Link also swings up-left. There could also be special moves such as the Spin Attack by drawing a circle around the edge of the screen. I haven't quite figured out how you would use the shield or evasive maneuvers, but please tell me what you think.

Sorry for the picture being so small.

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
We saw enough of the touch screen swordplay with the DS games. While that was limited, it's still somewhat frustrating to use (not that I'm complaining about the games). Plus, it'd be difficult to use 1:1 accurately with a touch screen. Beyond that, we know that the WiiU will still use the Wii Remote, so I don't see Zelda moving away from the Motion Plus. That's my my opinion, though.

H

HylianGuardian

Well for Ph and ST i didnt mind the touch controls since u were touching RIGHT where u where going 2 hit. But for this portalable touch screen controller thing i dont find it being very accurate or it being able to support 1:1 sword play very well. I think it would be very frustrating and a bad idea and that for Zelda and other sword games on the WiiU they should have another controller for it which i believe they do have.

That is a really neat idea and could work but I would still prefer the feel of swinging a wiimote around playing zelda. They better have wii motion plus for Zelda Wii U!

I think with the wii U they will hit us with something that noone is expecting. That tech demo was to get you thinking a bit But i think they are gonna drop a windwaker esque bomb

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
Skyward Sword will probably convert me, but as of right now, I still think that pressing buttons to stab your sword into enemies is the perfect fighting control scheme, as it is relatively precise, a lot less tiresome than actively swinging a Wiimote around for hours, and different button combinations can offer a lot more special attacks than the touchscreen.

I'd rather like to see them use the WiiU screen as a Lens of Truth, where you can hold it between your eyes and the tv you're playing the game on, and it augmentedrealities doors, ghosts and otherwise invisible treasure chests onto the little display.

Otherwise, I'd use the WiiU controller just for minigames like Rollgoal (TP) or Sinking Ships (WW).

T

Triforcex38

I'm not sure if I agree. I mean it's a great idea to incorporate the touch screen but I think that the WiiU zelda game should focus more on story and graphics rather than gimmics. besides a zelda that looks better than Xbox games, that's an instant win for me. However, I agree with michael heide, they should just use it for a lens of truth and minigames. Meh, that's just my opninion.:D

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
Oooh no touch screen swordplay! If they've made the move to motion-controlled and it works/worked well for TP and SS, then why would they go back to something that didn't work all so well???

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
No just no, Im sorry to contradict you...

The Wii U (as I see it) is a DS in larger scale (two screens, bottom one touch screen). And so doing a Zelda, a beautiful Zelda with the awesome graphics to be controled just like Phantom Hourglass, no. Nintendo is looking at this new system as something new, not something new to make old things better. So no.

As good as the idea is, it should only be implented on smaller Zeldas (I mean screen size) where you do not need to think much just tap and slash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom