• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My Hylian Font

I'm sure everyone here knows of the Hylian language--and the different versions of it. There are three different versions of the Hylian language (not including the nonsensical symbols in ALttP), which means if you want to be able to type in each one, you'll need three different fonts, right? Wrong! While I was fixing a TWW Hylian font so the characters are mapped to Japanese kana instead of roman letters (because OoT Hylian and TWW Hylian are based off of Japanese kana), I got a great idea. Why not put all three versions of Hylian in one font?! How is this possible, you ask? It's easy. TWW Hylian is mapped to hiragana, OoT Hylian is mapped to katakana, and TP Hylian is mapped to the roman alphabet. I also mapped many Zelda symbols to the unused keyboard keys. All this works out very well, because you can type in OoT and TWW Hylian like it's Japanese, which it is. But because of that, you'll have to know at least the basics of Japanese in order to type in it. Typing in all three versions works very well on Mac OS X, but I'm not sure how well Windows handles it. (It's easier to type in Japanese on a Mac.) Anyway, you can download this 3-in-1 Hylian language HERE. Please note that I take no credit for actually making any of this font. I just edited 4 different existing fonts together.

EDIT: If the download link isn't working, try this: http://www.mediafire.com/i/?hild5tmq4dd

R

rnddim

Wow, great font. I'm going to set it as the japanese font for Firefox (at least).
My system, unfortunately, does not by default allow me to easily type in japanese characters. I can change it, I just don't feel like it right now.

Thanks, everyone! I'm sorry if it's not very convenient to use OoT and TWW Hylian on other operating systems. I made it with Mac in mind, because I can change from Roman character input to Japanese kana input with a press of a key. That and I'm learning Japanese, so I can understand the two Japanese-based versions of Hylian.

Also, I might add a few Spirit Tracks symbols after I beat the game, if I can manage to make them.

Last edited:
R

rnddim

Don't be sorry for the inconvenience! That's my problem, not yours.
Even though I'm using a Mac, it doesn't have Mac on it. I happen to know that out of the three "major" operating systems (Windows, Mac, and Linux), Mac happens to be the best when it comes to easy input of foreign characters from the keyboard. I could edit the way I enter in special keys to input Japanese, but I don't feel like it right now.

jbkarate9

KAME HAME HA!!!!
How do i type in the font? I downloaded it and saved it i dont udnerstand what tio do next please help!

How do i type in the font? I downloaded it and saved it i dont udnerstand what tio do next please help!

You can type in TP Hylian just like any other font, but if you want to use TWW or OoT Hylian, you're gonna need to type in Japanese hiragana/katakana. I'm not sure how to do it on a Windows computer... All you have to do on a Mac is change your input source, which is very easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom