• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My HeartGold Team

toonlink

Most Active Inactive User
I will not put levels because they are not trained to them yet.These WILL be competitive
Feraligator—Lizalfos
Item:Mystic Water
Ice Fang
Waterfall
Hydro Pump
Dig?

Scyther—Kronos
Item: Silver Powder
X-Scissor
Hyper Beam
??????????
??????????

Gardevoir—Nienke
Item: Phychic Plate
Phychic
Shadow Ball
Grass Knot
Calm Mind

Charizard—Toasty
Item:Charcoal
Flamethrower
Fly
Dragon Claw
Blast Burn

Sceptile—Swagtile :D
Item:Miracle Seed
Leaf Blade
Giga Drain
Toxic
Earthquake

Togekiss—XOXOXO
Item:Flying Plate
Aura Sphere
Air Slash
Sky Attack
Extrasensory

Last edited:
Well you use a good variety of Pokémon and you have given them really good hold items. For your Charizard, I reckon a good dragon move for it is either Dragon Claw, Dragon Rush or Outrage. Personally I'd give it Dragon claw.

I believe your team is very good although there is susceptibility to the fire type in the forms of Butterfree and Sceptile. As for a possible nickname for your Sceptile, I honestly can't think of anything catch or creative and am left with a bland suggestion of "Tree Cutter". I love what you nicknamed your Sceptile and Togekiss especially your Togekiss since as our role model administrator Kybyrian constantly points out with his glamorous profile picture, that is the ruler over all Pokemon.

For Feraligatr you should replace waterfall with surf and teach it crunch, also there are many bug types better than butterfree, and you should give sceptile Toxic and EarthQuake to get an advantage over fire types.

I would take Butterfree out if I where you, there is much better Pokemon. Butterfree isn't strong enough.

Pinhead101

Pokemon Master
These WILL be competitive
So do you have EVs, natures etc? Since you said it's a competitive team I will analyse it like one.
Feraligator—Lizalfos
Item:Mystic Water
Ice Fang
Waterfall
Crunch
Earthquake

Why Waterfall and Hydro Pump? Replace hydro pump with crunch. Dig isn't the best move because you would allow your opponent to switch to a flying type or a Pokemon with levitate. Use Earthquake instead.

Scyther—Kronos
Item: Silver Powder
X-Scissor
Hyper Beam
??????????
??????????

I would suggest replacing Scyther since you already have flying types on your team and bug isn't the best for coverage. Pick something that counters any of your team's threats.

Gardevoir—Nienke
Item: Phychic Plate
Phychic
Shadow Ball
Grass Knot
Calm Mind

This is a nice set for Gardevoir. You may find that Alakazam or Uxie would work better though.

Charizard—Toasty
Item:Charcoal
Dragon Dance
Flare Blitz
Earthquake
Thunderpunch

You have both attack and special attack moves for your Charizard. I would suggest going completely physical to give it access to earthquake to counter it's 4x weakness to rock. A dragon Dance set could work nicely to make sure Charizard isn't out-sped by other Pokemon. You may need something to counter it's stealth rock weakness.

Sceptile—Swagtile :D
Item:Miracle Seed
Leaf Blade
Rock Slide
Swords Dance
Earthquake

Okay this set is a bit confusing. First of all I don't think toxic is a good choice since you will not be stalling with Sceptile and Giga Drain is an odd choice since your other moves are physical. Try Rock Slide to counter its flying weakness and Swords Dance to boost its mediocre attack

Togekiss—XOXOXO
Item:Flying Plate
Aura Sphere
Air Slash
Roost
Extrasensory

This is a good set. I would suggest roost over Sky Attack though.
I hope this helps. It's quite a good team. But remember, the best way to improve your team is to use it and find its weak points.

Dracoburn

Lance's Protégé
Scrap the Hyper Beam, first of all. Hydro Pump, too, because Scyther and Feraligatr are both better with physical moves. Maybe give Scyther Aerial Ace if it has Technician as its ability. Also, U-turn would work if you want to use it as a scout. Volt Switch Galvantula works well, too. Either of them should be physical sets, though.

With Charizard, get rid of Blast Burn and Fly. Heat Wave or Flamethrower are much better options than Blast Burn, while Air Slash, Focus Blast, Earthquake and Rock Slide are all much more viable options than Fly. That's only if you're using an all-attacking set. A Dragon Dance or Bellyzard with Substitute are great for physical attacking sets, which are certainly options to consider. Alternatively, you could do a special attacking set with a Solarzard. Really, Charizard has tons of options, and it's a bad idea to limit him.

If you can find a place to fit it in, maybe rather than Scyther, you should consider adding a ground type like Garchomp(if ubers aren't banned) or Gliscor, whom there are A LOT of options with. Seriously, Gliscor is actually a fantastic Pokemon, as you can do a scout, a physical attacker, a Flying Gem+Acrobatics set(like my best Gliscor), a Swords Dance set, a Baton Passer, a Poison Heal with a Toxic Orb, a Staller, the list goes on and on. You could also use the Gliscor over the Togekiss, though Togekiss isn't a bad Pokemon. You could also stick Lucario in its place, but Togekiss is probably a good fit there.

Remember, when you make a competitive team, you can always consult tons of online resources. Smogon, Serebii and Marriland all have some nifty tools to help you out. Overall, this is a great team, but it makes me think more along the lines of "successful in-game team" than "feared online team". Best of luck, and I hope this helps!

i feel like you need another fighting move. maybe superpower on feraligatr instead of dig ? you also seem to have a slight weaness to fire types. but other than that nice work.

MarkaenShoque92

Hero of Hoenn
Overall, not bad. My main complaints include the presence of Blast Burn and Hyper Beam. First off, depending on the ability of Scyther, you might want to add Aeriel Ace (if the ability is Technitian) instead of Hyper Beam because it will ultimately be almost as powerful, Physical (thus going off of Scyther's amazing Attack stat), and doesn't take a turn to recharge. You might want to get rid of Blast Burn for a move that doesn't take a turn to recharge, and I would suggest to trade out Sky Attack for another attack (a personal favorite of mine is Thunder Wave so you can execute the ParaFusion combo). Also, I am not certain on the particular multiplier for the items, but there are far better items out there, such as Life Orb, Leftovers, and the Choice items.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom