• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My Footnotes ^.^

startimer

Resident Cartographer
I havent put together a complete timeline yet, but heres all i know about when the games take place. i hope it helps :rolleyes:

LoZ-not the first chronologically, i think it comes before MC, with no evidence to back that up -.-
AoL-takes place directly after LoZ
ALttP-I thinks this one is the first :mellow:
LA-directly after ooX, second quest.
OoX-idk, but they take place at the same time :mellow:
OoT-last game before the split:MM-WW
MM-directly after Oot
WW-after MM
MC-somewhere between LoZ and FS
FS-between MC and FSA
FSA-ummm...after FS
TP-honestly, idk
PH-directly after WW, obviously
ST-idk much cuz its not out yet, but i know it is not a sequel to PH

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
ALttP-I thinks this one is the first :mellow:

Not likely. In aLttP, Hylian is a dead language, and Hylians are on the verge of extinction. Both flourish in OoT.

OoX-idk, but they take place at the same time :mellow:

When you say "at the same time", you don't mean on separate timelines, do you? Because that's not possible.
The games were intended to take place on the same timeline, one right after the other.

OoT-last game before the split:MM-WW

So what games go before OoT?

MM-directly after Oot
WW-after MM

Aonuma and Miyamoto (the directors/producers of Zelda) have stated that WW and MM are on opposite sides of the timeline. WW is after the adult ending, MM is after the child.

TP-honestly, idk

Aonuma says it's "several hundred years" after OoT's ending where Link/Zelda are kids.

ST-idk much cuz its not out yet, but i know it is not a sequel to PH
It's not a direct sequel, but Nintendo of America is reporting that it's after PH. A hundred years or so.

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
The developers invented the games, directed them, and wrote the plot for them. Not to mention they both claim to have a document with the timeline on it.

Why exactly don't you care what they say?

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
hey, i dont listen to what the developers say, i just play the games.

Then, you cannot possibly hope to be right.
The Developpers are the persons who created the series, and do the games, and, in this case, they are "the gods" of it.
Whatever they say regarding the timeline is correct, until being dismissed by them, not by any fan who refuses to listen to the truth

startimer

Resident Cartographer
its not that i dont care, its that i never hear this stuff.

need i say it again? its you that doesnt listen. i already dropped my current timeline. I MADE THIS BEFORE I KNEW THAT THE DEVELOPERS TOLDS US ANYTHING. gosh, will people quit telling me how wrong i am?

startimer

Resident Cartographer
sorry. i havent gotten around to reading them yet.

but i am having a LOT of trouble placing OoT. i hear in many places that OoT is the start of the timeline, but i always placed it right before WW, during which hyrule was destroyed. for good. which puts WW near the end of the timeline. Help?

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
Well it's quite simple really. OoT is before Wind Waker chronologically, but it's also the beginning of the split. Thus, you have:

...../WW-PH
OoT
.....\MM-TP

Now many place MC, and some FS/FSA as well, before OoT, though I personally do not place any games prior to it.

But if you believe it impossible for there to be a New Hyrule after Wind Waker, then you can place all the other games after TP.

Nintendo of America is reporting that the upcoming game Spirit Tracks (which is mostly on land, not water) is after Phantom Hourglass though. So, as I've believed for some time, we may see a New Hyrule post-flood.

Oathkeeper95

The Oath of Kinbaku, Tzion, Terra, and Iscariot.
Ok Startimer, after reading what these people have to say here on ZD, this here is a recap on timeline facts most people can agree on:

-------/---WW/PH---SP(a Nintendo of America Rep. confirmed it. Deal with it)
---OoT
-------\MM-TP

MC is usually placed before OoT and for that matter FS but FS could go after OoT along with FSA, but not everyone agree's on that. FSA usually goes before ALttP.
MC, FS , and FSA are called the Four Swords Saga.

The Originals go ---LOZ/AoL--- with ALttP going either going before LOZ or after AoL

LA is usually after ALttP but some believe its after OoX

OoX .......well im not really sure where that one goes

So heres the timeline with games in () as games that people like to debate over its placement.

*************/--WW/PH--SP--(The Originals) or (The Four Swords Saga)or(both)
(MC)--(FS)--OoT
*************\MM--TP--((MC)--(FS)-(FSA)--(ALttP)--LOZ/AoL--(OoX)/(LA) or (ALttP)/(LA))

Sorry if the timeline is a bit messy. If I missed anything please tell me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom