• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time My Experiences with Ocarina of Time at a Young Age.

MW7

I got it fairly young but never liked it. Since then I've grown to appreciate it a lot more but still think it's overrated. Perhaps it's those early memories that have contributed so much to its success?

Nostalgia is definitely one reason why OOT 3d is doing well and why OOT is still thought highly of today. However, there weren't any early memories at play when it sold 7.6 million copies and became the highest rated game of all time.

OOT was my second Zelda game, but it was actually the first I finished. Link's Awakening was a ton harder at least for me so that explains why I started it two years before playing OOT but finished it a year or two after finishing OOT. It was a really good Christmas when I got OOT, Goldeneye, and a N64. I liked video games before 1998, but after playing OOT (and Goldeneye) I loved them.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I was 13 years old when Ocarina of TIme came out. The very first scene I remember is where you can ride your horse in Lake Hylia where the Water Temple lays before the water rises. My cousins were playing it and I asked them what game that was because it looked cool. From then on, I was hooked just from that little bit I watched and knew I had to get this game then.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I was 5-6 and I watched my brother play it. I tried to do a playthrough of my own but I couldn't go through Hyrule Field at night so I didn't progress very far. I believe I got to the water temple when it became too hard, even the walkthroughs couldn't help! Every time I replay the game is like a flashback to those days. I am nostalgic and I'm 16. I feel old. (Same goes for Mario 64, brings back a lot of memories!)

Same here Mario 64, Oot, Alttp, and mario kart 64 are games that bring back childhood memories, everytime I play them I have flashbacks to my 3/4 year old self.

M

Mr.Alttp

Well. my first zelda game was A link to the past, at hmmm about 4 years old. Im 16 now. but my first ocarina experience was around age 6. I didnt really do the quest at all. i just got past the deku tree and ran around killing skulltulas :D, but then i discovered the wonders of emulators!!! CHEATS GALORE!!!!!! i used levitation to skip the deku tree and found myself in kakariko. then the graveyard. i had all the songs with me. and my uncle WHO KNEW WHAT WAS DOWN THAT HOLE... *Trollface.jpg* said. play this song. so i did. the hole opened upl and i went down, killed the keese. and proceded through... he was sitting behind me snickering. the sound was down, so he turned it up loud. and thats when i heard them....... *Insert Freaky a$# moaning here* i litterally got so scared i cold booted the computer and held my pit bull stubby for like 6 hours lol.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Well. my first zelda game was A link to the past, at hmmm about 4 years old. Im 16 now. but my first ocarina experience was around age 6. I didnt really do the quest at all. i just got past the deku tree and ran around killing skulltulas :D, but then i discovered the wonders of emulators!!! CHEATS GALORE!!!!!! i used levitation to skip the deku tree and found myself in kakariko. then the graveyard. i had all the songs with me. and my uncle WHO KNEW WHAT WAS DOWN THAT HOLE... *Trollface.jpg* said. play this song. so i did. the hole opened upl and i went down, killed the keese. and proceded through... he was sitting behind me snickering. the sound was down, so he turned it up loud. and thats when i heard them....... *Insert Freaky a$# moaning here* i litterally got so scared i cold booted the computer and held my pit bull stubby for like 6 hours lol.

I never used an emulator, and I never used any cheats, they take the fun away from the game. Alttp was my third zelda game that I played.

M

Mr.Alttp

Yeah, I used to be really into cheats and just messing around, but in the last 3 or so years i have gotten serious about beating games legit....... but i still have to use a walkthrough every now and then ;)

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
@ Mr.Alttp
Yeah I never really use a walkthrough for a game unless I'm completly stuck and I can't find a solution within 2 days, the only game I actually gave up on and never beat was Kirby 64, I still never beat it so I should try to find a walkthrough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom