• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time My Experiences with Ocarina of Time at a Young Age.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Ocarina of Time will always have a special place in my heart because it was my very first video game. I was 4 years old, my stepbrothers weren't home so out of curiosity I started messing around with their N64. Once I finally managed to get it on something happened, either it was a stroke of luck, or it was fate (I think was fate), Ocarina of time just so happened to be the game that I ended up playing. Now I had no clue what to do because I couldn't read well, so all I did was run around pointlessly because I couldn't do the main quest. Man I really do miss those days. It wasn't untill Kindergarden when I really started progress in the game because I gradually got better at reading. Now that we have Ocarina of time 3D all those memories are really coming back to me, and I have to thank Nintendo for remaking such I wonderful game that I always have loved and appreciate even more today.

Last edited:
Same here + maybe three years. I used to be scared to go into any hole. I sat for hours waiting for my dad to get home before I went in the hole in the sacred meadow and it was a fairy fountain. I could only watch him run through the shadow temple because it scared me to death. Now I feel plain silly thinking back on this.

I were 8 years old. I could barely read, let alone comperhend! It took me years to complete that game. Lol. I needed a guide to get as far as I did. Lol. This was waaayyyy before youtube. I was beyond scared of the game. I was frightened by the idea of Link dying so it take me hours to advance in the dungeon. The music didnt help my fear either. Lol. Good times though!

S

SheikoftheTruth

How cool. I wish I noticed the Zelda series a bit earlier. I was two years old when OoT was released, and I noticed it this year - and as you can see, I'm 15. I could have a LOT of fun those years. Well, I played Super Mario 64 pretty early :D No need to complain about the past... x)

CelticMagician

Phantom of Time
I was 8 when OoT first came out, but I wasn't able to own the game personally through lack of an N64. Some boys of a friend of the family's did however, but when I asked if I could try the game, I was always met with contempt. I'm still not sure why, but I knew part of the reason was because they didn't want anything screwed up with their adventure. They did, however, allow me to ride around on Epona so long as I didn't save anything I did otherwise.

I think my most interesting experience with the game at that age was when I had my first encounter with a Re-Dead. XD Boy did that scare me. It happened when I was going through the market area as an adult and got a little too close to one. When it screamed I didn't understand why I couldn't move and then the next thing I knew, the creature was on me. I freaked out so badly that when I finally got it off of myself, I made Link book it out of there. XD; I learned a valuable lesson there.

Speaking of valuable lessons though, that was the game which taught me that cuccos have a psychic link with each other when they're on the attack. Never go into another room with cuccos when you are trying to escape angry cuccos outside. They know what you did...

HookShotFTW

Weapon of a Lifetime
I knew about ocarina of time at a young age (my brother used to play it) Yet I only started my adventure recently

I used to be scared that if I did something wrong in the game (like using a key on a wrong door), I would be stuck and would have to go back to the very beginning. That took me a long time to get over, haha.

R

rainbowbrewster

ahh, I love my first Zelda memories! Mine was my dad teaching me how to play A Link to the Past. I was like 4 or 5 and had no idea what was going on. My favorite memories are all from OOT though, I remember when it first came out, I was about 5 or 6 and I was so mad that my dad sold our super nintendo....until I realized it was replaced by a N64 and Ocarina of Time. I remember the night we got it, we were all sitting in the living room and my parents and all their friends were playing it. It was so cool! My dad and I started playing it together in our basement and he would help me read what was going on since I was still learning to read (best reading practice ever!) I used to drive my parents crazy when I would call them downstairs to help me read words I didn't know. Any memories of my dad and I playing Zelda are my favorite, I'm actually planning out a Zelda tattoo in honor of my dad now :]

Z

Zelda_Austria

I was only 5 years old and really scared of the big skulltulas hanging from the ceiling (especially those in the fountain). I could never fight them, my dad did it for me :D But it was my absolute favorite game!

Btw: Because of my arachnophobia I even had problems when fighting the skulltulas of Twilight Princess at the age of 13 ^^ But the ones in Skyward Sword are not really scary in my opinion...

Mickaroo

Call me Micky
Well, my first Zelda game ever was when I was about five--we played ALttP on my grandparent's nintendo. But i remember when we got Ocarina. It's not really spectacular, I just walked home one day and my brother was messing around on our brand new Wii (and I mean, it was NEW. Only like a month old). He bought Ocarina on the shop and was playing it. I was probably ten, haha. He got all the way to the spirit temple and then just stopped playing. It made me so mad that he never finished! So I started my own save file and beat the whole game before he did. In fact, he still hasn't beat it to this day. I think I deleted the save file though...Ocarina was my first Zelda game that I ever beat (actually the first video game I ever beat). I was really upset at the end when the screen just said "The End". I could not bring myself to just turn it off!
I also had serious problems with the skulltulas due to arachnophobia...in Twilight Princess those things are dang scary!

Ocarina of Time was the first game I ever played when we got a Nintendo 64. Everything about it was just... so amazing. I still remember the very first time I played, the feeling of playing this brand new innovative adventure. I remember the first time I explored Kokiri Forest after getting out of Link's house. Every step, every sword strike was magic and a beautiful work of art to me. I remember encountering the bosses for the first time. Fighting Ganondorf for the first time was an epic experience for me as well. It was such an amazing game that I fell in love with no effort. To this day I still love it and can play it from start to finish with the same amount of enjoyment as day 1.

I was like 5-6 and I could read but it took me forever just to get to adult Link. took me like 2 years to beat it and as soon as I did MM came out and I got it on launch day, but that game was hard as a kid, good thing for walkthroughs lol.

I was 5-6 and I watched my brother play it. I tried to do a playthrough of my own but I couldn't go through Hyrule Field at night so I didn't progress very far. I believe I got to the water temple when it became too hard, even the walkthroughs couldn't help! Every time I replay the game is like a flashback to those days. I am nostalgic and I'm 16. I feel old. (Same goes for Mario 64, brings back a lot of memories!)

Conor

the over analysing guy
Growing up I watched my late father play it, the game sculpted who I am today, I could never get the courage to play it myself till, well, much later, even then I could never get passed lord Jabu-Jabu, I had so many good memories with that game, just exploring, talking to people with different masks on, making up my own stories for the most menial of NPC's, I felt like such a boss the first time I got the master sword. Good times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom