• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My Earliest Zelda Memories

So yeah I know there have been posts extremely similar to this one but I thought I'd just share some of my earliest memories of one of my favorite video game franchises of all time. My very first Zelda game ever was Ocarina of Time and my parents had bought it for me as my big gift for my 7th birthday. To be honest it wasn't even a game I wanted and I wasn't even quite sure why they bought it for me. I had only seen the game once before when I was watching my older cousins play it and honestly the game didn't even appeal to me all that much. The only videogames I had owned beforehand were Super Mario 64, Star Fox 64, and Mario Kart 64 (plus some games that I used to rent at blockbuster r.i.p.) but needless to say I had never seen a game like Ocarina of Time. When I first popped the game in I wasn't even sure how much I liked it because I kept getting stuck which really frustrated 7 year old me. However, my older cousins made sure that I became just as big of a Zelda fan as they were. I'm nearly 21 now and to this day Ocarina of Time remains my all time favorite game and I still find myself dusting off my old n64 cartridge and starting a new file to complete yet again. So now I ask the rest of the forum what was your first Zelda game and what were some of your earliest and favorite memories with the series.

I believe my first Zelda was Legend of Zelda II. My grandma has an NES and when I was little, I'm sure I played it at one point. But the first Legend of Zelda game I REMEMBER is Ocarina of Time. I was trying to help my older cousins figure out what to do in Kokiri Forest, and we found the Kokiri Sword. That was my silly little memory.

-EDIT-
I believe I was 6 or 7 when I first played Ocarina of Time.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
My first game was OoT. I'm not sure how old I was- maybe like 5 or 6? I mean, it must've been around 1999 because I was small and my (much older) brother was playing and I remember watching him play though not too clearly. I also remember later attempting to play myself, well when I say play, just adventuring on an old, completed file. I remember being terrified of the redeads in the Market Place and fascinated by being able to be big or small. I also remember more coherently completing the Fire Temple on my brother's newest file when I was about 7. He'd forgotten how to do it and although I hadn't watched him do it the first time, I managed to blunder through the entire dungeon and was ready to face Volvagia when he came home from work. I would say I didn't really play myself until I was 9, but I'd never owned another Zelda game so OoT was a big thing in my childhood. Later I went on to play Wind Waker, Minish Cap and Twilight Princess as well as Majora's Mask.

I know I've posted before about my earliest Zelda memory being the original games, but this thread seems to like being about OoT...

For me, I remember going to the Wal-Mart in my town with my parents, and my Step-dad and I stopping by Electronics. They had OoT set up so you could play it, and my neck still hurts thinking about watching my step-dad play when the T.V. was about 3 feet higher than him. He started a new file, playing straight through to defeating King Dodongo in one 'sitting', when we heard my mom call us, and we turned around to see some 20 people crowded in the tiny aisle, watching us.

Hate to say this, but OoT is the only reason I have any fond memories of my step-dad...

shogun_zidane

将軍 ジタン
Mine was my parents coming home when I was five years old with a Gameboy Color and a bundle of games. I asked for Pokemon and ended up with Red version and... dadadadaaaaah Link's Awakening DX. So I played Zelda over Pokemon because of the combat and music and OMG I could go on but that's it. Oh and I remember being in the 1st grade trying to play Zelda under my desk. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom