• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art My Drawings: Advice Welcomed

Sabel27

Advanced Ocarinaist
Wow, Crimson Pearl! You definitely have a talent for art! These drawings are spectacular! I especially like the horse and Steampunk Navi~

The only advice that I can give you at this time is to practice your anatomy a little bit more. :sweat: Before making the final lineart, try drawing a light-lined, basic structure of your subject, complete with lines for the face. You can use a box-like approach for the body, or a more rounded approach. Actually, you can use any type of approach you want, as long as you make sure to indicate where the joints and are when you start your rough sketch~ Oh, and remember, you can keep erasing and adjusting the lines after you draw it; it doesn't have to be the final lines. Once you have the anatomy where it looks right, then try making the final lines for the lineart. It may seem like a hassle to do all of this, but trust me, it really, REALLY helps later on~ ^^

Wow, I hope that made enough sense... >.> Well, anyhoo, I hope that this quick advice helped you somehow! :zelda:

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
MUCH better Crimson!!! :clap: That really is a huge improvement over the previous picture, it's very convincing. I hope your teacher is giving you some good feedback!

Also: I realize when something comes out differently then you envision, it's hard to get pass that. However, despite your feelings on the shading, you've actually created a pretty neat effect with what you did. :)

Kappa

Black Cat Royalty
I instantly clicked on this thread...and was wowed. You've definitely got talent. I can't draw realistically to save my life, but you've got enough talent to save us all. :lol: You so did a great job on these! ;)

Your pictures are amazing but if i were to give any advice your link and zelda faces seemed to be a bit lope sided but they still looked really good.

Azkadilia

Transparent Perfection
I can't draw much but i do love your work I would really like to see one of your drawing's in color though. and Photoshop is really useful. Thats what I use to recreate most of my pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom