• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art My Drawings: Advice Welcomed

He probably means that they aren't as smoothly drawn as he would like. In other words, he's just being a jerk. I, for one, think your drawings are very nice. :)

my guess would be that he refers to the harsh edges on the MS paint pictures... The edges have very pixelated lines, and are not very smooth, so saying he's being a jerk is pretty much, well, being a jerk

and to crimson, your gimp art is very good :) you should try experimenting a lot with Gimp as it will lead to even better results in the future

Sorry guys! I am really busy with school right now, and I also tried to continue a story I found from grade 6 (well I rewrote it with alot more detail because I was ashamed I had wrote it :P) so I haven't drawn in a while, but I made this doodle in english. I didn't finish her because she was a doodle, but if anyone could think of a cool hairstyle for her I could try it, or redraw her in a higher quality :P
SAM_1406.jpg
EDIT: OH and its sideways.......

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
Those are really nice drawings!

I hope you don't mind me going into some talk on perspective concerning your horse drawing. I just wanted to say first off that you picked a VERY difficult pose to draw, and I commend you for taking on the challenge. However, as it is now his back end and his limbs are saying he's posed in one direction, while the torso neck and head say he's posed in another.

When drawing something at an angle like that, to make it look convincing we need to use something called foreshortening.

horse.png

I didn't want to scribble all over your picture so I just did a quick drawing to explain what I'm talking about. Also note, the red shading is just to help show the muscle definition a little better, since it is important to keep in mind when trying to foreshorten something.

So if a horse is looking at us from this angle, we can see that the torso appears much shorter than it actually is. It's shoulder muscles also covers part of the neck as well. Yes it feels alkward to draw and it might even look wrong while your doing it, but in the end it will look more convincing.

This does take a lot of practice, but it will come more naturally the more you do it, I promise. 8D; And even though your already done with your drawing, maybe just try and sketch a few thumbnails with minimal detail (think of the horse more in terms of shapes, and no shading) of that same pose to try and practice foreshortening on a small-scale.

I hope I explained that in a way that was understandable. :sweat: Keep up the good work Crimson! I'm sure your teacher is going to be really impressed by your drawings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom