• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My Childhood Hero Let Me Down.

I've been a fan of Tenacious D since 1999 so when I heard about the movie, I was psyched. I enjoyed it but it didn't do well in the box office so I didn't expect to be seeing much of them again. When I read that they were coming out with a third album, I was really glad. With a name like Rize of the Fenix, it gave me hope that maybe they plan to keep going with this. Rise from the ashes and be badass again. But I got the new album and honestly? It's not so great at all. Maybe they're getting gray.

Have you ever been disappointed like this? Has a childhood idol ever let you down? Who was it and how?

Wait, Tenacious D had a new album?
I can't believe I didn't know about that...
Anyway, my childhood idols have never really disappointed me (although this is due completely to the fact that I didn't have any childhood idols), but a lot of my favorite people have let me down in post-childhood life. Like, the actors and writers and directors of That 70's Show completely sucking on the last two season. That same sentence could be said again with Scrubs in place of That 70's Show. Disturbed was a band I liked in their really early days, and they ended up getting super sucky, so I guess that counts. SOAD went on hiatus because of Daron and his whiny nonsense. Maynard of Tool turned out to be a huge poo-canoe (although his music is still freaking amazing). There are probably more examples, but I can't think of any right now.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
My childhood idol would have to be The Rock! And has he let me down? Well....yes. Ever since he walked away from the ring in 2003. During his time away he did some good movies and made occasional appearances on WWE programming. So yeah, he was successful and I respected that. But since he's been back (sort of), he's been great. Year long feud with John Cena, tag teamed with Cena, and beat Cena on the grandest stage of them all! And now, he's making up for his absence and promises to become champion soon. Leave it to the jabroni beating, pie eating, trail blazing, eye brow raising, the best in the present, future and past to redeem himself. And if yall dont like it, you can kiss the peoples a**!

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I'm trying to think if I had a childhood hero. Yeah it was my Dad and he's still a hero to me, so nope haven't been let down yet. :P

My childhood idol would have to be The Rock! And has he let me down? Well....yes. Ever since he walked away from the ring in 2003. During his time away he did some good movies and made occasional appearances on WWE programming. So yeah, he was successful and I respected that. But since he's been back (sort of), he's been great. Year long feud with John Cena, tag teamed with Cena, and beat Cena on the grandest stage of them all! And now, he's making up for his absence and promises to become champion soon. Leave it to the jabroni beating, pie eating, trail blazing, eye brow raising, the best in the present, future and past to redeem himself. And if yall dont like it, you can kiss the peoples a**!

You do know it's all scripted? So I suspect he probably will become champion in some dramatic fashion.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
My childhood heroes all have been fictional characters whether in movies, shows or books. I never get attached to the actor/actress because if you do 99% of the times you will get disappointed because none of them are like the characters they play

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
You do know it's all scripted? So I suspect he probably will become champion in some dramatic fashion.

Gee, you think? And that's not the point. In order for him to become champion, he needs to wrestle for it and stay in the WWE to defend it. They're not gonna just hand it to him. And duh, he's already scheduled to appear at Wrestlemania 29 where he will most likely win the title...

Can't a guy be excited to see The Rock return without someone feeling the need to be all high and mighty by stating the obvious? What exactly do they gain from it?

Last edited:
Gee, you think? And that's not the point. In order for him to become champion, he needs to wrestle for it and stay in the WWE to defend it. They're not gonna just hand it to him. And duh, he's already scheduled to appear at Wrestlemania 29 where he will most likely win the title...

Can't a guy be excited to see The Rock return without someone feeling the need to be all high and mighty by stating the obvious? What exactly do they gain from it?

Well technically they would just hand it to him, because they've probably already decided whether he'll win or not. I'm not trying to take away from your enjoyment of it, it's just entertainment after all.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Well technically they would just hand it to him, because they've probably already decided whether he'll win or not. I'm not trying to take away from your enjoyment of it, it's just entertainment after all.

Um no... He won't just walk into the WWE and be handed the title for doing absolutely nothing. Whether or not it's decided he's gonna win it, is irrelevant. The point is that he has to work for it.

Um no... He won't just walk into the WWE and be handed the title for doing absolutely nothing. Whether or not it's decided he's gonna win it, is irrelevant. The point is that he has to work for it.

Of course they wouldn't just say he was champion, that's not what I was saying, but the point is he has no control over whether or not he becomes champion.

I don't really remember having heroes as a kid :\
But I suppose the thing to remember is that literally everyone will let you down at some point, but that let down isn't all they are. Remember why they were your hero initially

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom