• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My Abilities As a Sprite Artist

I am in fact an intermediate sprite artist. I use MS Paint for the most part. Here is just a show off of what I can do. In this case I made a sprite sheet of Ness from the 16 bit Earthbound in the style of the 8 bit Mega Man.

Mega_Ness_by_fredtherarestpokemon.jpg

Please give credit if you use it (which most likely won't be the case.)

Looks decent, although its obvious you just edited an already made sprite sheet. If you want to get any better, I suggest not using Paint.

Looks decent, although its obvious you just edited an already made sprite sheet. If you want to get any better, I suggest not using Paint.

That's kinda what spriting is. Paint is the only program I'm proficient with when it comes to spriting (Not to mention Paint is all I have.) But yeah, this is not as good as you'd expect because this took half an hour to make.

Last edited:
Z

ZeldaGirl1

Paint isn't THAT bad, i made most of my good sprites from it!

Paint isn't THAT bad, i made most of my good sprites from it!

Paint is actually more for spriting. It has the best pixel style spriting ever. Photoshop only helps rotate and stretch images. Even so, I rarely need that. I don't even have Photoshop.

At first glance I can't tell that the character is Ness.

That may be because either the coloring doesn't seem right for the skin or the overall layout for the sprites. I admit, this was more of a recolor with minor edits to make it seem more like Ness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom