• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

MUST play games

Diego

Donger King of leis
Hey you!
Yeah, the one who's reading this.
You need to play The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. You HAVE to. YOU MUST. :wynaut:

Morrowind is simply awesome. The World is huge, the story is compelling and actually interesting (for an open world RPG that's rare) the soundtrack is... just... beautiful! There are tons of sidequests, characters and places to explore at your heart's will!

Is just way too good to miss.
What the hell are you still doing here? Go play it!

tumblr_mkys9ePl7C1qa4ykho1_500.gif

Bishop Rodan

Godslayer
Metroid: Zero Mission
Super Metroid
Metroid Prime (both the original game and the trilogy as a whole)
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Wind Waker
Pokemon Gold/Silver
Team Fortress 2
Half-Life 2
Age of Empire 2: The Conquerors
Saints Row 2
Tales of Vesperia and/or Symphonia
Fire Emblem (which one I'm not sure)
Final Fantasy VI
Civilization V
Just Cause 2
Papers, Please
Painkiller
Baten Kaitos
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Crusader Kings II
Europa Universalis IV
Probably others I'm forgetting

Here are a few games I think are a must play.

• Master of Orion 2 (PC) - Think Civilisation in space but way way better and you are on the way to understanding this game. One of my favourite games of all time.
  • Secret of Monkey Island 2 (PC) - Point and click perfection
  • Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (PC)- Point and click perfection (just remember that the middle of the game has 3 paths, fighting, talking and teamwork. You want to replay the game to experience them all).
  • To The Moon (PC) - Average game but it hits you right in the feels. So much so that it will have a lasting impression on you. This alone is why the game is oh so amazing. And don't read up a game guide for this, you want to ride the emotions with this one.
  • Terranigma (SNES) - Arguably the best RPG the SNES had to offer. This game excells in every category and hits you in the feels by the end of the game too.
  • Super Mario Galaxy 1&2 (Wii) - 3D platforming perfection
  • Metroid Prime (GC) - One of the best first person shooters out there.
  • Quell Memento (iOS, PC, 3DS) - Quaint little puzzle game with an amazing soundtrack. (The first 2 games Quell and Quell Reflect are just as good)
  • Tetris Attack (SNES) - The best Yoshi game on the SNES in my opinion. This was cloned much later with a pokemon theme (Pokemon Puzzle League). But the Yoshi SNES original is so much better. This is a 3 to 5 matchem up puzzle game. It has a lot of depth with all it's game modes even though it's all basically doing the same thing, it will not feel boring for a long while.
  • Tyrian 2000 (PC) - One of the best space Shumps out there. You can hit up Open Tyrian for a free version of the game that has everything except the rather average episode 5 from Tyrian 2000.
  • BreakQuest (PC) - The best brickles clone I've ever played. A total timewaster and it's just so fun.
  • Hearthstone (iOS and PC) - The best online collectable battling card game there is.
  • Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES) - Excellent 2D platformer that balanced great music, fun and difficulty really well.
  • Earthworm Jim 2 (SNES and one sega console) - This is the essential "What the ****" game. I'll explain some of what you do in the game and this will make my explanation of the game make sense.
    - Dunk burning cows in bath tubs so they don't go explode and then you have to run them to the milking stations before they are abucted by aliens.
    - Fight a living piece of steak while standing on a peperoni pizza
    - Ride a chairlift and avoid the falling grandmas that will knock you back to the start if they hit you.
    - Fight a large maggot on a unicycle
    The first game is good too but I think the 2nd game is so much better.
  • Mega Man 2, 3 and X (NES and SNES) - My pick of the Mega Man games. Very good run and shoot 2D games. In my opinion these are the 3 best Mega Man games out there. The others in the classic and X series don't even come close to these 3.
  • Captain Toad (WiiU) - A very well done 3D platform/puzzle game. Well worth getting if you can pick it up cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom