• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Must Have 3DS XL !!!!

T

Twili

I know this isn't news for many handheld devices, but I have decided to hold back on getting a 3DS.

I honestly couldn't wait to get my hands on the the 3DS when it came out, really I did. However my older sister and I got to play with one ourselves on a display station at Walmart. Niether of us had a complaint about the new analog stick or the 3D. It's just the fact that the device and the screens lack in size. There were also some small contributing factors like the price, the fact that The Legend of Zelda OoT wasn't going to be out for a while which actually was a big reason why I wanted to buy it, and also the colors, and I know that Nintendo will make solutions to all of this in time which is why I didn't swipe it off the shelf like I thought I would. I love my DS XL a lot. Much more then my old DS lite to be honest. I know my argument doesn't sound to legit, but I think you can see my point.

DSiXlsize-thumb-640xauto-12810.jpg

That's why, like many people, I'm going to wait for new upgrades for the 3DS.
(I'd love to hear what you guys think. Comment on this thread telling me if you agree to disagree. I can't wait to read them.)
nintendo3ds_concepts.jpg

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
When the shoulder buttons of my DS-Lite broke, I had already heard the first rumblings of the DS-i.
When the DS-i came out, I had already heard the first rumblings of the DS-i XL.
When the DS-i XL came out, I had already heard the first rumblings of the 3DS.

Now the 3DS is out. And as soon as the game library available for it convinces me, I'll get one.

You can always wait for the next generation. But that way, you'll never be able to enjoy the current one.

Vibed

must read before he posts
Ya, Michael has a great point. I always buy the current gen iteration and upgrade if I feel like it. Lucky for me though, usually I find a way of not paying for the upgrade!

jugglaj91

I am me....
As I understand it, Nintendo said the bigger the screen the harder it is to get the technology to work. Also that is why they crammed as much into this one as possible, not only too keep it small, but to make sure they didn't have to put out a bunch of smaller "upgrades" as it may be.

Austin

Austin
This will probably wont ever happen. The 3DS isn't doing nearly as well as it was to be expected. The 3DS is fairly expensive for a handheld device. The DSi XL is also not doing as well as Nintendo wanted it to do. This could easily make sense, since it was released shortly before the 3DS. Nintendo is also planning on releasing another TV console in the next year or two. It also could be more headache inducing if the 3DS screen was bigger then it already is. All that being said, I'm pretty confident the 3DS will no not have a remake. The number of remakes the regular DS had was ridiculous.

The way it sounds like, you want Nintendo to make a touchpad. From there the touch pad will become a computer/laptop. This would kill Nintendo. Nintendo would be trying to competing in the computer/laptop world that already has a fair amount competition. The best thing I can see is to let the 3DS be able to hook up with the Wii and use a tv screen as a regular screen. I'm pretty confident that the 3D won't be able to transfer that well, even if it was a 3D tv. I'm pretty sure that won't even happen due to the 3DS's architecture (the motherboard). In overall, just be glad the 3DS has a decent size top screen. It is fairly bigger then the regulr DS. The touch pads are the same.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~

That looks just like the Wii Balance board....

And in response to your thread. I agree with the others. I mean, the 3DS was anticipated hugely and didn't do all that well. Also, I still have the original 3DS, the Lite came out so quickly afterwards and then the DSi, then the XL (which I don't like). I doubt it will ever happen really. I can't even get a 3DS until September and I assume there will be another modle out by then...the way Nintendo are going.

C

Caleb, Of Asui

It might be a while before we see a 3DS XL, but you never know. It could be as short as the wait between the DS and the DS Lite, or as long as the wait from the DS Lite to the DSi. I'm leaning towards the former, though, seeing as that's more like the wait we got from the DSi to the DSi XL, and it would make sense for the same thing to be done with another XL version.

I kind of wonder if a 3DS XL will even be made at all, though. Part of what makes the 3D effect is that it's on a little screen. The same type of 3D screen has been used before on non-commercially-released televisions, and there's a reason they weren't commercially released - 3D without glasses does not work properly on a big screen. Maybe an 3DS XL wouldn't be a problem, though, if it's about the same size as the DSi XL's screens, but with the top screen wider. The difference isn't the size per se as much as it is your ability to focus on it directly, so what they really need to do for it to work is make it handheld.

Meh, I personally wouldn't go for a 3DS XL anyways. I like the little screens. So cute. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom