• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Musicals, Like Them or Not?

Do you like Musicals?

• Like them

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Okay, not too bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hate them!

• Can't decide.

• Total voters

Hazel

A Frog
Everybody in my country hates musicals, and I was wondering if that was the case elsewhere too.
Please state you opinions on if you like Musicals, and why not or why, and which are your favorites.

Thank you! ^^

Austin

Austin
I saw Hair a few months ago, and it was pretty cool. I'm pretty accepting of all types of music so showtunes n' stuff don't bother me.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I adore musicals. The local high school does one every year, and they always do an incredible job. I also saw the Lion King on Broadway. It was incredible. There's something about being there in the middle of the story that gets to me. I also really enjoy the music too.

I like musicals. Like PJDEP I like most kinds of music so they generally appeal to me. Sometimes they can be a wee silly so I'm a little picky sometimes, but overall I like them.

For the record... does this include Disney musicals too? :bleh:

I'm not entirely sure what my favorite would be... maybe The Producers. :xd:

Nye Pendragon

derparific
I adore musicals! : D I sometimes just watch them to hear the music while I'm drawing/writing.
... I wonder if Disney movies count? |D;
Some favorites are the Phantom of the Opera (the version with Gerard Butler :*), The Music Man (the old one), Hairspray (2007) and any Rogers and Hammerstien's (which include the King and I, Sound of Music, Oaklahoma!, etc).

Lol most of my favorite movies are composed of musicals.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I like some musicals and dislike others. Now really I haven't seen many, but I love Hairspray (2007), The Phantom of the Opera (2004), The Wizard of Oz (1930s) and Annie (1982). I didn't care much for Rent, which is pretty much enough for half the people I know to hunt me down and burn me at the stake.

A couple of years ago, my then-friends and I came up with the idea of College: The Musical, and different songs and characters that would be in it.

Hazel

A Frog
Thanks for all the replies, guys! I really appreciate that you do. And to answer the questions, yes, Disney Movies do count if they have some people signing in them. ;)

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I wanted to add, since Disney movies count, they are my favorite type of musical! I listen to a lot of Disney music on my Ipod, since it is so fun to sing along to :)

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I saw enough of High School Musical to put me through a roof. I hate musicals. They are just annoying to me.

A

Adriana

Love them!! I must admit I'm a huge fan of musical theatre, haha. Personal favorites of mine would have to be Into the Woods, Wicked, and Hairspray! I'm a fan of both watching them and performing -- there really is nothing better than being up there on stage singing songs you love! :)

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
I love musicals, my favourites being Spamalot and Wicked. Perhaps I should reiterate -- I like good musicals. :P Also, The Producers -- a great movie about a terrible musical that turns out to be great, and also a great musical about a movie about a terrible musical that turns out to be great.

Last edited:
T

Triforce Eden

If done well, musicals can be simply fantastic. However, musicals also have the potential to be disasters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom