• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Music You Like To Play

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
Sorry everyone who came on here, "I like to play Zelda music on the ocarina!" I actually intended this for band/orchestra music. A lot of people play instruments in either a band or orchestra, and not everybody likes to play the same style. So what instrument do you play and what style of music do you like to play on it?

So for me, I intend to be a music major when I get to college, and I play the bassoon in band and in an orchestra. I play the flute in marching band, though. So first what I know I DON'T like to play is anything labeled "Overture Somethingorother," or "Concerto Somethingorother." Anything that's British I probably won't like. I don't like marches, either. Since I'm a low woodwind, all I have in marches is bum bum bum bum, etc. Hmm, I guess those "bum"s don't work very well . . . just pretend every other "bum" is higher. But that is really just because of the part I have, when I played the flute I really liked marches. So as for music I do like to play, I like anything that has a lot of percussion and complicated rhythms, or an odd beat. Were playing something in band now that switches between 4-4 and 7-8 every measure and it's really cool, and we're also playing Casus Belli, which is in 5-4, in the orchestra I'm a part of. Here's a recording of it, it's not us but this is pretty good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wOMcLh7O58
Anything in 6-8 I'll probably like, or if it has a lot of dotted rhythms, like Songs of the Whalemen that we played in eighth grade (again, this isn't us)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d8hnyxTF1g

Deeds

no text
I play guitar and piano.
Grade 8 on guitar, I really really love guitar. I like to play most things, to be honest, if it challenges me and doesn't bore me then I'll play it.

I play guitar. I like heavy rhythmic parts I make up. I also play any video game music. I also play viola...I usually play rhythmic parts and I enjoy playing in a group. If I ever come across viola solos, WHICH NEVER HAPPENS: I'll happily play them. Did I mention I play the harmonica? Freestyle/im-prov jazz and blues are A TON of fun to play. And last if I ever see some drums I like to make my own rhythms and beats.

I hope to be a Sound designer later in life. Its a tough and really hard to get job, but I'm willing!

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
I play the piano, the keyboard and the recorder(though I don't play the recorder much). I kinda don't like play if I am on an orchestra or in a band, I like to play solo. I love to play classical, sad songs, soundtracks- songs that has a nice feeling in it.
I would love to be a pianist or a musician when I grow up later in life.

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
I play the piano, the keyboard and the recorder(though I don't play the recorder much). I kinda don't like play if I am on an orchestra or in a band, I like to play solo. I love to play classical, sad songs, soundtracks- songs that has a nice feeling in it.
I would love to be a pianist or a musician when I grow up later in life.

See, I'm almost the opposite. I hate to just play alone, but I love playing as a part of a group. I mean, how much can you do with just ONE instrument? But I took piano lessons for around a year, I can still play decently well, and with piano it's different, you can do a lot of cool stuff with just one piano.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
See, I'm almost the opposite. I hate to just play alone, but I love playing as a part of a group. I mean, how much can you do with just ONE instrument? But I took piano lessons for around a year, I can still play decently well, and with piano it's different, you can do a lot of cool stuff with just one piano.

You can do something with one instrument as long as you make your music sound interesting and has lots of structures in your music. I took piano lessons around maybe 5 years now and I really tried something different with only one piano. It's pretty much cool like what you said.
Also, if you can play the recorder decently well, you could try something new with it. Find it out by yourself. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom