• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

music video stories

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
when you watch a music video or listen to the lyrics do you like a lil story to pull you in or do you just bop and dont really care you just wanna rock??

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I made up an entire Star Wars OC and fanfic based on one moment in a song once. It just kidna grew over time, and I think eventually I decanonized the moment that started my making him up. Never wrote anything down either, was all in my head

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
Pretty much any time when I'm listening to music I'm making a video in my head for it, unless I'm doing something else that requires my actual attention

Sometimes. If I feel like a section of a song is something that relates to one of my characters, I make a mental note of it. I don't always remember it, but it does sometimes help me flesh out my characters. I've never come up with a huge amount of stories or any new characters based on music though.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I enjoy seeing stories weaved into music videos as I think it is a good way for an artist to convey their interpretation or the meaning behind their own lyrics. One great aspect about a lot of songs is that it is up for the listener to discern what the lyrics mean to them and how they can empathise with the ideas conveyed by the them so perhaps having a video with a story may take away from that process of individual interpretation to some extent but nonetheless having the visual view of what the author wants to convey can be nice.

One example that comes to mind for me of a music video's story adding an extra layer of depth to the lyrics is this one which I quite like:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom