• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Music Renditions Better Than Their Original Counterparts?

Mido

Version 1
It is common in video games, especially in longer-running series, to see specific pieces of music appear repeatedly whether to stroke a sense of familiarity to a player or take the familiarity and deck it out with another level of meaning. Songs such as Kakariko Village's theme, Star Wolf's theme, or Unforgotten/Never Forget are tunes that have consistently appeared within their respective series.

This being said, I would like to ask the following question: are there any repeated pieces of music in a series that you find to surpass the piece's original rendition? In what ways? Can the original stand the test of time over newer renditions? What do you think?

I think every rendition of Castlevania's Bloody Tears is a good example of this.

The original is amazing but the midi quakity of the original is outdone by guitar covers and full orchestras.

I think actual instruments rather than midi tech really hope the track pop and I'm yet to hear a bad rendition of it.

Brawl's version of Mute City i think is better than the original too.

There are also countless quality renditions of the Zelda main theme. The Symphony of the Goddess being a particular delightful way to hear it.

Mido

Version 1
I think every rendition of Castlevania's Bloody Tears is a good example of this.

The original is amazing but the midi quakity of the original is outdone by guitar covers and full orchestras.

I think actual instruments rather than midi tech really hope the track pop and I'm yet to hear a bad rendition of it.

Brawl's version of Mute City i think is better than the original too.

There are also countless quality renditions of the Zelda main theme. The Symphony of the Goddess being a particular delightful way to hear it.

As someone who has yet to properly play Castlevania games (although I was having a blast with Super Castlevania IV a couple months ago), i think the series has great music, and Bloody Tears is no exception. I've particularly grown to like Simon's theme in it.

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
When I read the title I thought it meant covers of game songs better than the originals but you mean songs that appear in the same series multiple times don't you?

Well the best example I can think of is the Halo Main theme. It was good in the first game but got even better in Halo 2 with the Mjolnir mix and also in Halo 3.

Also Twilight Princess contains the best version of the serenade of water and Temple of Time Theme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom