• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Music Orchestrations Question

Jetaluski7

Master Swordsman
I plan on being a composer when a grow up. One of the things I like to do now is reorchestrate music for a string orchestra. So here's my question. If I were to reorchestrate the Zelda 25th Anniversary Medley would I be able to sell the reorchestration?

I plan on being a composer when a grow up. One of the things I like to do now is reorchestrate music for a string orchestra. So here's my question. If I were to reorchestrate the Zelda 25th Anniversary Medley would I be able to sell the reorchestration?
This is research I would take upon myself, I will warn you though that the sort of re-orchestration would take a lot of time and money, and the fact that it's already been done before would probably lesson your chances of a successful venture. By all means though, don't let this discourage you from doing what you want to do (if you decide that it's the right thing to do), just know where you stand and don't jump in blindly.

I would start by looking through ebuch's AMA as there is a treasure trove of information related to the ZREO project (relating to time, money, and gear)

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Talk to ZREO, I'm sure they'll give you some help :)

A good place to start is here, though don't take any bets that they'll reply soon. ZERO has been down for a while now. The project is over and there's not much left other than downloads of their work.

However, I'd say that if would like to re-orchestrate something, study a lot of music theory and be prepared to really break your teeth, cause it's a hard project to take on. Still, do what you want, and more power to you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom