• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Music Feedback

Mr Reaper

Fear The Reaper
So I thought it would be cool if any musicians or songwriters here could have a place to share any of their music and get feedback on it. I didn't see any threads that covered this, so might as well start here.

And just as a disclaimer I'm not trying to spam you guys to promote myself, I just want some feedback and I would like to hear if any other members of ZD are working on anything.

Welp, here goes:

[video=youtube_share;YZYBQAlVq-0]http://youtu.be/YZYBQAlVq-0[/video]
That's me on guitar, recording quality is bad because we literally have no recording equipment besides a phone (which is failtacular)

So I thought it would be cool if any musicians or songwriters here could have a place to share any of their music and get feedback on it. I didn't see any threads that covered this, so might as well start here.

And just as a disclaimer I'm not trying to spam you guys to promote myself, I just want some feedback and I would like to hear if any other members of ZD are working on anything.

How do you ask for 'feedback' without first "spamming" and "self-promoting"? I mean otherwise how would anyone knew you wrote music? :P. I find that "spamming" and "self-promoting" carry the same meaning, or at least the former is an 'extreme' of the latter. This is something that sort of took me while to realize, but don't be afraid to tell people about your music, but at the same time make sure you like it yourself. I generally write music for me. If I like it, I don't care 'too much' what others think. I say 'too much' meaning that a negative reaction doesn't happen without reason, and you want to know why.

As far as how you sound now, I personally think that it sounds good, in that you create pleasing melodic content, though I wished you had better gear for recording it. 50kbps with no dynamics doesn't do your work any justice.

Mr Reaper

Fear The Reaper
How do you ask for 'feedback' without first "spamming" and "self-promoting"? I mean otherwise how would anyone knew you wrote music? :P. I find that "spamming" and "self-promoting" carry the same meaning, or at least the former is an 'extreme' of the latter. This is something that sort of took me while to realize, but don't be afraid to tell people about your music,

I know, I'm just trying to get the point across that I'm not trying to say "Hey look at me I'm in a band you should do all this!" and shove everything down your throat, I just want to hear what people think that don't really know me on a personal level, so I can remove some of that bias that comes from trying to be polite.

but at the same time make sure you like it yourself. I generally write music for me. If I like it, I don't care 'too much' what others think. I say 'too much' meaning that a negative reaction doesn't happen without reason, and you want to know why.

This is exactly what I'm trying to do, anything that sounds just generally bad I would like to be aware of.

As far as how you sound now, I personally think that it sounds good, in that you create pleasing melodic content, though I wished you had better gear for recording it. 50kbps with no dynamics doesn't do your work any justice.

Thanks man, but yeah I know, we're working on getting recording equipment now, this was sort of like a demo in the biggest way possible, I mean as I said, recorded on a cell phone from the other side of the house.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Gotta say I like the way your song sounded Mr. Reaper. I mean, obviously the recording could be better, but as you put it, it wasn't set up to be a great recording in the first place, so ignoring the quality, I really liked the harmony of the song. It was really good and I gotta say I liked that melody and the general sound to it.

So sharing stuff eh?
Well here's something...

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/sooshi-shef/raw-sushi[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Mido

Version 1

Welp, here goes:

[video=youtube_share;YZYBQAlVq-0]http://youtu.be/YZYBQAlVq-0[/video]
That's me on guitar, recording quality is bad because we literally have no recording equipment besides a phone (which is failtacular)

Recording quality aside, I must say that I enjoyed what I heard! In addition to what our Sooshi friend said, I liked the gritty tone from the music, and the styles incorporated into each instrument mesh well to create great chemistry between the sounds. Nice work! :yes:

Gotta say I like the way your song sounded Mr. Reaper. I mean, obviously the recording could be better, but as you put it, it wasn't set up to be a great recording in the first place, so ignoring the quality, I really liked the harmony of the song. It was really good and I gotta say I liked that melody and the general sound to it.

So sharing stuff eh?
Well here's something...

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/sooshi-shef/raw-sushi[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Ah, Johnny, I must say, I also enjoyed this slice of work! I've checked out a few of your pieces before, and I always detect a good job. One thing I always enjoy is your adept use of percussion while integrating it with a fitting musical pattern. :yes:

Two thumbs up for the both of you! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom