• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Music at work yay or nay?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
At my work I'm very lucky to be able to listen to music...but I never take my mp3 player :P At the morning job I can't hear the radio at all. I don't really miss it though because I'm too busy anyway. But do you have music playing at your working place and do you like it? Does it really make time go by faster?

Ninja

Well well well
Yay! Anytime I’m in the office I’ll turn on Pandora and jam out to whatever I am feeling. Really helps the office time go smoothly and I hate sitting around with no ambient noise.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The only music I have in work is the hum of the fans which I require to be running constantly. Not that I ever would need to turn them off but I don't think I could cope without their noise or some kind of noise.

At my workplace we're not aloud to wear headphones, but that doesn't mean we cannot listen to music. I work mostly in the backroom all day and sometimes I'm out on the sales floor. It really depends on where they want me.

Out on the floor, the only music I listen to is whatever Walmart has playing over the speaker. When I'm in the back, we have a Bluetooth speaker while unloading the trucks.

I find that music motivates most of the team, but sometimes it distracts workers and affects their work performance. Personally music helps me throughout the workday, I cannot stand complete silence.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
We're not allowed to have music on at work because the public would be able to hear it and my boss doesn't want to pay for a liscence. That said every now and then we put the radio on very low out the back to help the day move quicker.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
At my old job, we always had a Bluetooth speaker cranked in the kitchen. It was first come first serve for who got to be in control of the music. They also had different music playing in the front. I find music always helped us be more efficient. We were always more productive than when it was quiet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom