• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Murder Machines- list the hardest bosses you've fought in video games

So i've finished a small handfull of HARD AS HELL games recently featuring the likes of Hollow Knight and Hyper Light Drifter.

The bosses in these two games are hard as all hell and made my life and progress difficult.

This made me think of which other bosses in other games had made my life hard so I figured I'd make a thread for ya'll to list some of the bosses in video games that have made your life hell.

Ninja

Well well well
Yellow Devil in the Megaman games, an asshole of a boss that serves no purpose other than to piss off the player.

Lady Yunalesca from FFX due to mega death.

Skyward Sword disc. Not a hard boss by any means but such a disappointing journey made the fight really tedious. :P

Tabuu - Smash bros Brawl
Can't use the dodge move wth frame perfect precision? Then forget beating this boss. I could not do this so I never beat him on the higher difficulties.

Bloody Mary - Terranigma
This boss literally blocked me from progressing in the game for such a long time. Hardest boss in the game. It appears about 2/3rds into the game. There are bosses after this but they are actually not as hard. How to win is grind levels before the boss, really tedius in this game as well as being prepared for a long fight. Took me a solid hour to beat it the first time.

Balos - Cave Story
There is 2 series of multiple boss in a row fights at the end of Cave Story. If you use your one and only health potion on the first series of boss fights, which is really hard in itself, you'll never be able to beat Balos's many forms which is the 2nd series of boss fights in a row. This is on easy difficulty. I managed to scrape through using the potion on Balos and lots of luck and practice. Trying to do this on normal or hard? Good luck? You'll need it as that would be insanely diffiicult.

Mido

Version 1
Tabuu - Smash bros Brawl
Can't use the dodge move wth frame perfect precision? Then forget beating this boss. I could not do this so I never beat him on the higher difficulties.

Tabuu kicked my behind to no end. The only reason I ended up pulling away with a victory was due to a lucky shot I hit with King Dedede. That attack Tabuu has where it virually envelops the whole map is brutal.

I think the hardest boss that I have ever faced has to be Andross in Star Fox Adventures. Trying to run a gauntlet of being resourceful with bombs, managing your health bar, and avoiding large-damage attacks was quite a challenge.

Tabuu kicked my behind to no end. The only reason I ended up pulling away with a victory was due to a lucky shot I hit with King Dedede. That attack Tabuu has where it virually envelops the whole map is brutal.
I agree 100%. On the hardest difficulty I was able to get to Tabuu in boss rush mode, but that full screen one shot death move got me every time. Totally hard boss there.

I think the hardest boss that I have ever faced has to be Andross in Star Fox Adventures. Trying to run a gauntlet of being resourceful with bombs, managing your health bar, and avoiding large-damage attacks was quite a challenge.
He's hard I agree, I did find him difficult till I practiced it a lot. However I think the Star Fox Zero Andross is way harder. So much so that I could not beat it legit. I had to use the ingame help item.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Literally any boss in Hollow Knight. I am not that great at video games like this, and probably have an average charm set up, but just about every boss has been a brutal struggle.

Hero of Pizza Time

Pizza Parker
-Tabuu in boss battle mode on intense (Super Smash Bros Brawl)

-Jaws (Goldeneye 007)

-Old Cob (Wizard101)

-Stella and Loretta if you are trying to get the good ending (Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom