• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Multiple Endings

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
Zelda has always been straight forward, 1 story,1 result. Thats it....

Wouldnt you like that in a Zelda you could change the ending (altough im sure you would end saving everyone:S)

That would make bigger the replay vlue of the game and you could "choose your destiny".

Discuss and give ideas on how to change a Zelda ending:bleh:

R

rubiick

imo, that would be fantastic, but the plots in almost all the Zelda games are always immense so I don't think it's a good idea, I'm ok with all the sub-plots every game has

Swordbomb

Doktor Assisted Homicide
it would be epic...................................................POTATO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..........................................OPERATION CRISP CRINGLE!!!

Majora's Mask has alternate endings depending on if you do all the sidequests or not. Like if you do the Anju and Kafei quest you see them getting married at the end! If you miss certain masks in MM you see them at the end as well. There's more stuff too... :D

Djinn

and Tonic
I loved the addition of multiple endings in Chrono Trigger and the Secret of Mana Series. I think it adds a lot to the game. It definitely makes you want to replay it over and over again looking for hidden areas or trying to figure out those other side quests just to see all the various endings.

I have thought the Zelda series could use a few more things like this. It normally seems that after a while into the game all there is for me to do is look for those last few random heart pieces, try out whatever pictograph quest. But that is about it. I want a couple story based sidequests. They do not have to totally effect the overall story of the game, but it would be a great addition.

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
Oh my goodness....I hate games with multiple endings.

I hate going through 5 different endings wondering which one is the "true" ending if a sequel is made from that game(although games with multiple endings are common when there is no more planned for that series/game).

And even if there isn't a sequel/prequel, I hate trying to decide, again, which is the "true" ending. To me, multiple endings de-values that games story because sometimes the endings defer greatly.

One story, one ending is how the Zelda series should go. I don't want Zelda alive at the end of SS but have her dead in another "ending".

I was unpleasantly reminded of the failure that was Shadow the Hedgehog.

As FD said, this would create problems with theorists. They would have to decide which ending is canon, which aspects they're going to decide to work with, the inevitable arguments among people who disagree with the one ending that is decided to be "canon," among other things. It's just a big ol' mess. I prefer the idea of having multiple paths to a Zelda game, but one convergent ending. What could be cool, though... is if there were one alternate ending that you saw if you failed to beat Ganon on the first try. I believe one of the older games did something similar to this? I remember in one of the older Sonic games, if you failed to get all the Chaos Emeralds, you wouldn't save all the little animals and Robotnik would laugh at you when the ending credits played (or something like that.) Of course, if this happened in Zelda, all you would need to do is save right before you go to beat Ganon and start over from there. Still, it'd be interesting to see Ganon winning over Hyrule without a hero to save it. Nothing like that to send you through a guilt trip.

Zelda_Duh

Hyrule's Princess
I would like it. I replay the games alot, so if you were able to change the ending somehow it would make replaying it alot more amusing.

Caeda

Keyblade Master
I really don't see how it would work.

It would make the timeline more messed up then it already is because you would have all those idiots saying that one ending is the true ending when it's already been confirmed to be another. Plus it would lead to way more splits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom