• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Multiple Consoles

How do you guys go about having multiple games consoles? Do you have them all set up/unpacked simultaneously? Or do you have 1 set up at a time, with the others packed away in their boxes?

Chiraku

Demon slayer
See, I don't have multiple consoles... yet. But when I do, both will probably be left out for convenience's sake.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I have most plugged into the same TV, in the living room. It's five years old, but I favour it over the more recent one because it has composite ports for my PS1. It has a whole lot of component and HDMI ports for other consoles, as well as the capture cards I use.

See, I don't have multiple consoles... yet. But when I do, both will probably be left out for convenience's sake.

Same here. I just have a Wii U. I thought about getting a PS3 though (not a PS4 as the damn things are not backwards compatible), but having multiple consoles set up has always annoyed me with the amount of wires and stuff! lol. It's hard to find the space too.

If only final fantasy games were for nintendo.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I usually try and get all the consoles, eventually. After a while you can pick them up, perhaps second-hand, really cheap, especially when there are new models out, so I typically wait for that moment. By then there's a tonne of games too! And I just keep them out as long as they have games I want to play. As soon as there isn't, they get put away. Some I still have, some have been given away. We gave our Wii and all the games away to a local hospice last Christmas for instance. We don't have most of the old consoles since we used to like playing Mario Kart and breaking out the N64 to do just that, but now we just lug a PC into the front-room, plug 4 Xbox 360 controllers in and emulate it. :P Works like a charm!

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I have my N64, Wii and X-box 360 all set up with my TV in the livingroom, but due to not enough ports on my TV, I have to disconnect one in order to plug in another. That way I can play whichever I feel like when I feel like it. I plan to at some point upgrade it, and when I do I plan to move the one I have now into my bedroom and put the new one in the livingroom - and since I plan on getting a Wii U and a PS3 I will then probably have a couple with my old TV (like N64 and Wii) and a couple with my new one (Wii U, 360 & PS3).

I see no point in having consoles packed away, because then they just won't get played...

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I have at least 3 consoles plugged in and a 4th set up that I only plug in when I use it. Unfortunately, that's all the space I have so my N64 is boxed up.

Skunk

Floof
I have a Wii and PS3, at my mom and dad's respectively, and I thinks it's fine to have multiple consoles unpacked 'n such.

CraptainFalcon

Bored to death
My PS3's out in the open, same with my Wii (although it's collecting dust now cause no one plays on it anymore).

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster
Well, because I have no money, I don't have multiple consoles. But if I did they would be unboxed and sitting in the same place. Getting them out of the box each time would be a hassle, especially considering a single game doesn't hold my attention that long.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Hooked up to TV:
XBox
Wii Netflix machine

In a box (by mandate of the wife - you have to pick your battles)
Atari, NES, SNES, N64, GC, PS2

Zarah

Pikachu my Snorlax
Right now in my living room connected to the big screen, I have my Wii set up. In my room on a semi smaller screen, I have my ps3 and gamecube hooked up.

That's all the consoles I have for the moment, and none of them will be boxed up anytime soon. If I need space, I'll just box up the dvd players instead :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom