• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Multiplayer

zeldahero3

Zelda Forever!
Ok, picture this. You turn on the game, and you see an online multiplayer option. You click on it, and you see Link, with your Nintendo 3ds name above him, with a button next to him saying Find Game. You click on it, and enter a lobby with up to 12 players, allowing 6 Links on each team. One team would start in Dark World, Other would start in the light world, and they each have 30 seconds to hide their piece of the Triforce anywhere in the Light/ Dark world Overworld. After the 30 seconds, You look down on your touch screen and see a map of your team's Trifroce hiding location, and several portals scattered throughout the world, which would lead you to the oppisite world you are in. The Objective is simple, whichever team captures the other teams triforce part first, ends the game, and they win. Remember, you can roam stay in your starting world and defend your piece of the Triforce, or go try to find the other piece of the Triforce in the oppisite world. Every Link starts out with only a shield. They then have to find certain items in hidden chests throughout the world. Some chests are locked, and require you to level up more to unlock them. So, basically, A 6v6, capture the flag deathmatch between two worlds, and hidden items scattered throughout the two worlds. When you finish a match, you go back into the lobby, and it tells you how much experience/ levels you have gained during that one match, and what items found in chests can be unlocked. Every game, the chests are also moved to new locations, making each game a unique experience. The ruppes you collect, from killing other players, can be used to unlock dungeon battles. These dungeons would be specially designed for multiplayer, and is the same as the other mode, but all of the action is being placed in a dungeon. And as you collect more and more ruppess from playing matches, the more and more dungeons you could unlock to play in. This would be the best multiplayer experience ever, Nintendo.

Drahsid

~Deku Drahsid~ | The Hero
Maby a 4 player 4 swords version. 4 swords was fun.

Considering Zelda already has rubbish for a story, I wouldn't be too surprised. However, it's pretty easy to note that Nintendo nor gamers in general have much of a "focus" towards offline multiplayer. Since offline multiplayer is so hard to integrate thanks to the consumer's orgastic need for AMAZING GRAPHICS, I really doubt there is any capability of that happening. ;)

I prefer ugly 8 - bit games .-.

Ok, picture this. You turn on the game, and you see an online multiplayer option. You click on it, and you see Link, with your Nintendo 3ds name above him, with a button next to him saying Find Game. You click on it, and enter a lobby with up to 12 players, allowing 6 Links on each team. One team would start in Dark World, Other would start in the light world, and they each have 30 seconds to hide their piece of the Triforce anywhere in the Light/ Dark world Overworld. After the 30 seconds, You look down on your touch screen and see a map of your team's Trifroce hiding location, and several portals scattered throughout the world, which would lead you to the oppisite world you are in. The Objective is simple, whichever team captures the other teams triforce part first, ends the game, and they win. Remember, you can roam stay in your starting world and defend your piece of the Triforce, or go try to find the other piece of the Triforce in the oppisite world. Every Link starts out with only a shield. They then have to find certain items in hidden chests throughout the world. Some chests are locked, and require you to level up more to unlock them. So, basically, A 6v6, capture the flag deathmatch between two worlds, and hidden items scattered throughout the two worlds. When you finish a match, you go back into the lobby, and it tells you how much experience/ levels you have gained during that one match, and what items found in chests can be unlocked. Every game, the chests are also moved to new locations, making each game a unique experience. The ruppes you collect, from killing other players, can be used to unlock dungeon battles. These dungeons would be specially designed for multiplayer, and is the same as the other mode, but all of the action is being placed in a dungeon. And as you collect more and more ruppess from playing matches, the more and more dungeons you could unlock to play in. This would be the best multiplayer experience ever, Nintendo.
Seems Legit.

Last edited:

Beardless Dwarf

King of the Longbeards
I would love to see a multiplayer option in the new Zelda 3DS game. I just hope it isn't too much like the Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks multiplayer option. Those two games (IMO) had a pretty boring multiplayer. A good online multiplayer feature would be:

A. An option where you create your own character (not Link) starting off with only a basic sword and shield. You then join a game with up to 12 or so players and fight as many waves of different enemies as you can. When everyone is dead, the game is over and you level up according to how many waves you defeated. You can find new items in chests that appear after each wave of enemies. With every level you unlock something new such as a Heart Container, a damage or defense upgrade, or a new race so you can create a new character.

B. A multiplayer deathmatch. Each player takes control of a different colored Link (Green, blue, red, orange, purple, pink, black, yellow etc etc). They all start off in different areas of the map with two weapons (pre-determined by the host) and basically kill each other. They fight until they reach a certain time or kill limit. Weapons can be swapped at treasure chests throughout the map.

Either of these two would be a great multiplayer option IMO. What do you guys/girls think?

The Omni Triforcer

Hero Of Time And Space
I would love to see a multiplayer option in the new Zelda 3DS game. I just hope it isn't too much like the Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks multiplayer option. Those two games (IMO) had a pretty boring multiplayer. A good online multiplayer feature would be:

A. An option where you create your own character (not Link) starting off with only a basic sword and shield. You then join a game with up to 12 or so players and fight as many waves of different enemies as you can. When everyone is dead, the game is over and you level up according to how many waves you defeated. You can find new items in chests that appear after each wave of enemies. With every level you unlock something new such as a Heart Container, a damage or defense upgrade, or a new race so you can create a new character.

B. A multiplayer deathmatch. Each player takes control of a different colored Link (Green, blue, red, orange, purple, pink, black, yellow etc etc). They all start off in different areas of the map with two weapons (pre-determined by the host) and basically kill each other. They fight until they reach a certain time or kill limit. Weapons can be swapped at treasure chests throughout the map.

Either of these two would be a great multiplayer option IMO. What do you guys/girls think?
so u mean a super smash bros type thing for the last one

The Omni Triforcer

Hero Of Time And Space
Not exactly, more like HALO than Super Smash Bros.

either way that would still be awsome i would also like a mini super smash bros with link as the fighters you can choose any incarnation of link any ideas

With luigis mansion having online multiplayer and it being pretty good i dont see why zelda shouldnt have multiplayer isnt about time for a good online multiplayer zelda

well now that i think about it how would they do the death match if its in topdown mode

Last edited:

Beardless Dwarf

King of the Longbeards
With luigis mansion having online multiplayer and it being pretty good i dont see why zelda shouldnt have multiplayer isnt about time for a good online multiplayer zelda

Exactly!

well now that i think about it how would they do the death match if its in topdown mode

Hmmm, yeah I forgot about that. Maybe the Deathmatch would work better for something like Ocarina of Time or some other such 3rd person game. It would still be pretty cool though.

The Omni Triforcer

Hero Of Time And Space
Hmmm, yeah I forgot about that. Maybe the Deathmatch would work better for something like Ocarina of Time or some other such 3rd person game. It would still be pretty cool though.[/QUOTE]
I can still see them doing a deathmatch in top down maybe a diffrent part of dark or light world and each have to kill each other with diffrent weapons

Beardless Dwarf

King of the Longbeards
I can still see them doing a deathmatch in top down maybe a diffrent part of dark or light world and each have to kill each other with diffrent weapons

Deathmatch would still be doable. When I made those suggestions earlier, I forgot one important detail: the Link's ability to become a drawing! That would be super cool in a deathmatch. Picture you playing multiplayer in deathmatch mode, you walk up to a wall and become a drawing. Some unsuspecting person comes to the corner where you are hiding looking for extra hearts. You quickly come out of the wall and assassinate said unsuspecting person. They lose points for being assassinated, you gain points for assassination. What do you think of that??

I wouldn't expect anything extravagant as far as multiplayer is concerned. I'm sure the game will have it, since multiplayer modes were included in both DS games. Nintendo even manage to work a multiplayer mode into Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, so I doubt they'd miss the chance here. But I doubt it will be a major focus. The only time multiplayer has been anything but an afterthought for the series was the 4 Sword games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom