• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Multiplayer

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Team Deathmatch
Deathmatch
Domination
King of the Hill
It's be Link as the playable character four-swords style and I'd have.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
that would be cool if they had a four swords type but what would i be like

I'm thinking it could span several sections of the Overworld, perhaps a Lost Woods area for example. There, random events like cuccos and pots would come up! I don't know much as, since I haven't played FSA with friends.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
If Zelda had multiplayer modes, it'd be fun, arcade stuff. Like 'Smash the most pots' kind of stuff. 'Get humped by ReDeads the most'. I'd play that for sure.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I'm hoping the multiplayer in ZeldaU will take the form of asynchronous multiplayer as seen in games such as Dark Souls and Dragon's Dogma where players offer indirect assistance to one another without ever actually interacting with each other in game. In Dragon's Dogma players send out their own companion characters to other player's games that players can recruit to join their party, but players will never directly encounter other players in game. In Dark Souls players will encounter the ghosts of other players who have died recently at that same point in the game and players can leave items and messages for each other to assist with the dangers ahead but will never actually quest side by side with each other.

This form of multiplayer is a godsend for those of us who abhor more direct forms of multiplayer which constitutes direct interaction with the myriad of the worlds raging idiots and screaming ten year olds. That is, you can benefit from their presence without actually having to tolerate their presence.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
This form of multiplayer is a godsend for those of us who abhor more direct forms of multiplayer which constitutes direct interaction with the myriad of the worlds raging idiots and screaming ten year olds. That is, you can benefit from their presence without actually having to tolerate their presence.

That form is also a calling for what is merely an extended form of single player - you'll eventually be bored to death. I believe this type also existed for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, so if you died you could send out an SOS which a player could receive and "rescue" you. It isn't nearly as exhilarating as meeting players face to face. ANd let's be honest here: voice chat isn't even possible for most 1st party Nintendo games. Do you think they'd activate it for Zelda whether on 3DS or Wii U? I doubt it. ;p

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
^ I can't stress that enough but ALIT's point about online play is key. While I appreciate local play, it's simply too hard to find someone with a 3DS. Utilizing Nintendo Network is priority for Nintendo. The capability exists so deliver on it!

The Omni Triforcer

Hero Of Time And Space
^ I can't stress that enough but ALIT's point about online play is key. While I appreciate local play, it's simply too hard to find someone with a 3DS. Utilizing Nintendo Network is priority for Nintendo. The capability exists so deliver on it!

i think multiplayer will be cool for this game i hope they have online, local and 3DS download play plus i wonder what it will be like any gueses

i think multiplayer will be cool for this game i hope they have online, local and 3DS download play plus i wonder what it will be like any gueses

also guys i think this game will definitly have multiplayer because the first multiplayer game came with a link to the past and this is its sequal so

Last edited:

Dangerous

Queen of Hyrule
I really would not like to see multiplayer. I didn't like the multiplayer... thing... in Phantom Hourglass and I was not going to try in Spirit Tracks. If there was multiplayer, I'll be fine with it, I'll try it out. But if it's anything like the multiplayer in PH/ST I'll be disappointed.

If I could pick, I would want to go up against the other player in beating the dungeons. Who can do it faster? Who can beat the boss quickest? Did you collect all the items? Stuff like that. But I don't want it if it's going to be bad.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Don't care either way. I won't use it as my friends and I haven't done much of it since the early 2000s.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing a multiplayer mode if its well-implemented.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
@RenaldoBush
I'm very much against a multiplayer component to Zelda getting its own storyline...I mean, I've seen games where the co-op portion had its own story (e.g Splinter Cell Conviction)...but those were pulled off amazingly only due to the gameplay. Zelda gameplay is not particularly engrossing in my opinion since it boils down to mashing B (or waggling) while occasionally pulling out an item. There's not much depth to it, yknow, and because of that the co-op component should not be interfered with by a story that undoubtedly would be weaker than typical Zelda fare.

It's not a determinant of whether Nintendo could do it - it's moreso the fact that they won't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom