• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Multiplayer Zelda

Braivety

FPT | Breb
OK. So I was thinking. Me and my friend are always going on about how we are both better at Zelda than the other. We wanted to prove it to one another, but just ''who can beat Skyward Sword faster'' isn't an accurate way to decide. So then, I thought, what if there was a Zelda game or an ad-on to SS where you could have at least 2 people, (maybe even up to 4), all of them are a different color Link. They have all the weapons from SS or maybe a select few, and then 2 rows of hearts. Then, they get put in like a certain area, like Faron Woods, Eldin Volcano or even new stages where there is plenty of room to run around. Then, they fight to the death. I thought this would be a great idea, especially with the Wii motion plus technology. It would also be more fun then fighting boring computers whose battle styles never change and aren't very hard to figure out. I love this idea and I think Nintendo should really consider this.

But hey, maybe this is a waste of time, or would be a bad idea. I personally don't think so, but I wanna here your guys' opinions too. I also thought of choosing your race and different stuff like that.

Braivety

FPT | Breb
1. I put a spoiler tag in case we had to talk about stuff already in the game (like items bosses and stages and stuff like that).
2. Why not link's fighting each other? I don't think we could or really should incorporate Ghirahim as a playable character.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
This is a new concept (sorta) so it shall not come to pass.

Trolling aside, this is a very good idea. Since the days of an OoT Multiplayer mod, I've always wanted a 3D Zelda game that was either 4 Links cooperative or competitive. A deathmatch sorta thing using the 1:1 swordplay could do nothing but favors for the Zelda fanbase. The only problem is implementing it for all 4 player (I don't recall a multiplayer WM+ game, not sure if Wii Sports Resorts is for the swordplay or not...no nvm, 2 player exists iirc).

I wouldn't leave the item choice to SS', as things seemed rather...bland. Incorporate all items from LoZ all the way to SS, and you got yourself a done deal. It could be a total spin off, non-canon game just like Link's Crossbow Training except...well, Link's COMBAT Training! xD

I can just imagine, Green Link attempts a spin attack only to be shield bashed, and depending on a gauge, if he's shield bashed too much then he'll fall over, leaving him open to a Fatal Blow. Of course the prompt to get up would either be tap A multiple times to "resuscitate". ;D

Uhm...on the topic of character choice...I think limiting it to just Link would have to be the best idea. Ghirahim isn't exactly a character designed FOR WM+, rather AGAINST it. I dunno. Demise is a joke so I would hate to fight him for the simple fact that I could circle him (given that this is Human Intelligence which isn't incredibly static), spina ttack him X many times, then fatal blow assuming the prompt isn't hit. There aren't many people in SS that are swordfighters, hell there aren't many people in SS that are FIGHTERS at all.

Nintendo should definitely try. Just not with the Wii, since it's dead and all.

Last edited:

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Four players, no story, just the game's puzzles, teamwork to get through faster! FUN!

jack546

The chosen one
My friend and I love four swords adventures I would love to play another four-two player 2d zelda.

i dont think it would be a good idea.. i dont know. I argue with my friend about this too, but i think that a multi player would be weird, since you would have to cooperate on where to go, since the makers wouldnt (or probably wouldnt) split the screen of an ENTIRE game just to have the multiplayer mode. Face it, Zelda's a game of solitude. You're either a loner, or sharing the remote :P

I agree completely I think a Four Swords style would be amazing in Skyward Sword, but not just SS I think it would fit well in OoT, WW, TP, and MM too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom