• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Movies Vs Video Games

Which one do you like more?

• Movies

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
as long as it is a game I enjoy then I would gladly play it over a movie...on the other hand watching a movie with some I like is way better than video games...gahhhhh! :P

LanceLercher

The White Knight Alien
Movies are pretty sweet, but you can't change anything in them. With video games, you can always go back and do something different, that's why I definitly go with video games. 20-400 hours of fun for me, versus 20 hous at most for movies if you watch them over and over.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I love them both, but I love video games more since that's more like my personality. The thing about movies is that you cannot save and them take a break until the next day since you almost always want to watch it to the end. That makes it a huge time consumer for me, when playing games I can just pause or save and turn it off when I want to do something else.

Movies are great, but they just arent as immersive as video games. Only in video games can you experience it, and truely feel the connection on what's going on.

Azkadilia

Transparent Perfection
Definitely Video Games over movies,Especially if the video game was based off a movie or was turned into one like the Warriors was pretty cool still favorite movie but you get to play as the main character instead of watching which is always enjoyable.

Garo

Boy Wonder
This is a rather silly thread, truly. Art is art. A great movie does things video games can't, and a great video game does things movies can't. Is either superior to the other? No, they're just different. This is coming from someone studying film and planning to make films for a living - there is no sense of better or worse when comparing these two media.

I'd also argue that people who are voting video games over films on grounds of immersion aren't appreciating films to their fullest extent - most films that I would rank as good (or better) are just as "immersive" as any video game I've played (even though I detest the term "immersive" in the context of art, since immersion shouldn't be the goal).

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
Although I love movies and I even take Film Studies there's nothing better than a good video game. The thing thats the best about video games is that when something bad happened you can't just sit back and watch you have to fix and this makes you keep on edge and get into it more than a movie would.

iMadMax

Zelda Masta
Video games hands down. You are the ones who is controlling the character. You decide what you are going to do. Its way more immersive than watching a movie

Video Games are cheaper for how much time you can spend on them (unless you don't see movies in theaters) and more entertaining in my opinion,
but movies are better for if you want to do something with your friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom