• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Movies Seen on Their Release Day?

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Simple question. What movie(s) did/have you seen at the theatre on their first day out?

I hardly ever bother seeing movies at all, let alone on their release. On the occasion a film comes out I do plan to watch, I usually wait a few days. The theatre itself may be too busy, or I'm just too lazy to go. Don't mind waiting.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Exactly the same as me I hardly ever see films at the movies let alone on release day. Hopefully I'll be seeing Wreck it Ralph at the movies soon though. A bit of Deja Vu with this convo Krazy :)

Zorth

#Scoundrel
a few.. :rolleyes:

2005:

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Harry Potter & the Goblet of fire

2007:

Spider-man 3
Harry Potter & the order of the Phoenix

2008:

The Dark Knight

2009:

Star Trek

2010:

Inception
Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows: Part 1

2011:

Breaking Dawn: Part 1
Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

2012:

The Amazing Spiderman
The Dark Knight Rises
Skyfall
The Hobbit

and a lot more to come :xd:

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
I hardly ever watch movies either. The ones I've seen on release day are ones I've seen at all, because if there is a movie coming out that I actually wanna go see (which is rarely) I just go on release day. I went to see The Dark Knight Rises, The Amazing Spiderman, and Wreck it Ralph this year.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
I generally stay away for a few weeks as I hate both standing in line and crowded theaters. I think the last movie I saw opening weekend was Return of the King.

All movies I've ever seen on their release date:
(from earliest to most recent)

-Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
-Twilight
-Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
-New Moon
-Eclipse
-Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt. 2
-Breaking Dawn Pt. 1
-The Avengers

I think that's it, I'll update more if I remember any others... :)

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I hardly ever go see movies on their release date as it's just so crowded. Not to mention I'm kind of lazy. I think the only movie I saw on its release date was Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Pt. 2.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I have seen most of the Harry Potter movies and a lot of Jonny Depp movies on their release day. I usually go around noon though and I have never seen a movie at midnight the day it came out. I don't really see the point of watching a movie at midnight.

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
The only movie that I saw the day it was released was Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part Two when I saw it at midnight. I've been a Harry Potter fan since the summer before 2nd grade when I first started reading the books, and my whole family are fans too, so we felt obligated to go see it at midnight :D . The only problem is that we were on vacation in Arizona at the time, so we still saw it two hours later then everyone we know who saw it at midnight. I soooooo wanted to see The Hobbit at midnight, I can't say I've been a Lord of the Rings fan since 2nd grade since that would be insane, but I have been since I read all of the books including The Hobbit in 6th grade, and I really wanted to see it at midnight, but since it came out on Thursday night/Friday morning, it was a school night and I couldn't. Oh well. I made up for it by seeing it three times.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
Pirates of the Caribbean on Stranger Tides, Harry Potter 7 part 2, and The Avengers.

All were after I started working at a movie theater and Harry Potter I got to see before the general public because we got lucky and saw a screening of it at work. I normally don't get to see movies the day they come out because they won't give us free passes if it is selling out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom