• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Movies; alone or together?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
First time viewing I like to take it all in and don't want talking to but it is good with others there to have something to converse about after.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
It depends on the type of movie I guess. I love watching horror movies with other people, because I feel like that's part of the fun. At least, if they're people who get scared easily. I like watching comedies with other people too, because it's funner to laugh with people than by yourself.

Documentaries I greatly prefer watching alone. I don't know why, but I think it's just a better viewing experience that way. Also like to watch sad/dramatic movies alone.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
It kind of depends how much the other person would be in to the movie we would be watching.

I only ever watch movie at the theater with friends or family. It would feel extremely awkward and embarrassing to be one of the only people there with no one to watch it with. That means I don't watch all that many movies in theaters each year, but I generally enjoy the ones I go see. As for watching at home, it's obviously a completely different experience, and I have no problem watching alone.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I usually take my sister with me. It's always more fun to watch movies together with someone else. But in some cases, like when I REALLY want to see a movie and my sister is not interested in it, I go alone. But I prefer to be with someone else just for the fun and to share the story.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Depends on who's buying. If it's not me then, sure! I'll tag along :devil:

Watching movies in theaters isn't a social experience anyway. And if it is then someone needs to be kicked out.

At home, however, I prefer to watch movies on my own if I'm going to really get into it. A movie can feel more personal when I'm watching it alone. And I don't have to worry about when's a good time to pause, bickering over the ideal volume level, and someone asking me stupid questions about stuff they'd know if they were paying attention or that nobody knows because the movie hasn't explained it yet.

Then there are the live riff-track jerks (which is usually me) who think their sardonic commentary enriches the experience.

Ninja

Well well well
If it's a movie more geared to adults, with my friends is fine so we can have great discussion.

However, the last movie I watched by myself was SpongeBob: Sponge Out of Water and I preferred it that way. Kelpcorn is amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom