• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Mother of all battles (for me)

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Thx.. all of you Guyz
I killed my first 2 lynels , hand to hand combat ...( no ancients)
conclusion
-ancient arrows : clean and no clutter
-stasis+ (Thx, ''dtc") ...is a gamechanger !. without it the Lynel would be just too fast for me at my age ! :)
-all this time I was suffering from 'my Lynel fear ' ........feeling quiet okay now. I had so much fear that I could not even aim the stasis+ at the horned marauder the 1st few times....but its slowly coming to me. I have to admit, a rampaging lynel galloping down is nothing short of getting completely awestruck. ! The beauty of it when charging down and ofcourse the Beast that you have to kill . spellbinding. Good One Nintendo !

so much of real life psycology is involved in these games.....uncanny.
confronting my fears this weekend ...ha ha
Good weekend all !

*PS: I kept hitting the lynel on its face even when in stasis,,,,does this do any damage at all in stasis ...or am I wasting my arrows ? I hear a clear ''clunk'' that I have hit a statue,,,,but I would not know....I was just too dazed :)

If you're pinging it in the face while it's stasis'd then it'd still do damage and will stagger it after it comes out of stasis, the main reason i don't generally recommend it is that stasis wears off too fast for my liking, easier to get a 5 shot bow and just pelt the lynels face with it, no need to be accurate, sadly the 5 shot bows come only from lynels and very strong ones at that.

It's good to see you get over the fear of lynels, they are certainly mighty beasts and probably the only "real" challenge in the game.

Okay , so I am getting to do it more frequently now (kill Lynels...) . I have taken a liking for the one who started it all. The one at Lanayru Road (east gate ) aka savage Lynel, . It made me come to this forum :) Lol.
Revenge is sweet ... & It drops a very powerful Bow too.
But I think I am killing it in an inferior way.
After the stasis, I jab it's jaw with shock arrows(+ mighty banana buff). then when it staggers for some reason I never seem to have prompt to mount it . I am right under it's 4 legs(groan)...but I do not recieve the prompt to mount it. I am just grazing it's behind(both under it or beside it) ;) , then too I do not notice a prompt. I am frantically pressing the 'A' button but my Link hardly gets to climb and ride it. I have wasted precious seconds asking for the prompt and get whacked in those lost few seconds..,,as I loose my act.
so what I do now, as it staggers I aprroach it and button bash with my master sword. This way I can at least give it 5 hits that way- sure shot , then repeat the sequence again . stasis-->Jaw arrow-->approach close quarters and button bash.
at present I do not have the flurry skills...maybe with time(& timing) I would get it eventually.
so the question arises...is Master sword a good weapon against the Lynel ? afaik It does not glow when I hit the lynel with it,... it does when guardians are nearby.
well at present I shall stick to this inferior way ...till the flurry timing sets in.
In the world of Lynel Kills...I am just a mediocre .

Last edited:

dtc

Yeah, probably you aren't very experienced with flurry rushes, but i actually mastered them by lynel hunting so just keep going. For all weapon attacks (except for that one when the lynel jumps with his spear, perfect guard is better for that one), flurry rush is the best way to counter them, and you may evem be able to chain 3-4 rushes. When he does its roar attack just stasis and hit. And if you get over his back be sure to fire some arrows in slowmo after for some extra damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom