• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Most Useless Zelda Item

I think I've used a Deku nut like one time before.

I think the Deku Nut in Majora's Mask was highly useless (at least for me.) I don't recall having to use it at all (even as a Deku Scrub) so I have to say that. I do agree with some that it was more useful in OOT.

Oh, and the Blast Mask in MM was pretty useless too lol! (But that's not a multi-game item :) )

Deku nuts were useful to drop on enemies while flying, I use them a lot for that, though I agree I'd rather have had something else on my item menu, when Link's a Deku he should have unlimited and automatic deku nuts, all the other dekus do. Bombchu were nearly pointless in Majora's Mask until that one room at the very end. I did use them on the Iron Knuckles, though, but they were not used well in that game, just like the ice arrows in OoT weren't used well (or at all).

I also find the items that protect while draining magic to be rather a waste of space for me because I never use them, except in ALTTP I use one once. They drain magic too fast, and usually magic is more valuable to me than health.

I think this is the most useless:

The Mirror Shield in Minish Cap!

Because you have to finish the game before getting it and it does NOTHING that the old shield doesn't do.

Yes, this is the most useless item. Not only because of what you said, but because you have nothing to use it for even when you get it. I think it just shoots beams at things that hit it, which is weird.

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
I think the most useless items in Zelda are the magic items in A Link to the Past. These items include the Cane of Somaria (after the dungeon it is used in), Cane of Byrna, and the Magic Cape. These items are not used much and I know I didn't use these items much,only to get a few heart pieces. A couple of items in Twilight Princess are also worthless after the dungeon they were used in like the Spinner, Ball and Chain, and the Gale Boomerang. My main complaint about those items is that you don't really don't use them after the dungeon they were found in and that these items had a lot of potential and were basically put to waste. You do use them in other parts of the game though but they do are put to use exactly like they were in the previous dungeons. My last complaint about Twilight Princess is the horse call, why even get it if I can warp to all the major locations in the game, it would make a lot more sense if you got it before you could warp.

I agree that the majority of Twilight Princess' items were useless after certain points in the game for the very reasons stated by some above. The most useless of them all, in my opinion, is the Ball and Chain, as other methods of destruction were equally as effective, if not better... (...give or take a few instances where the Ball and Chain was needed, but still was not important gameplay/story-wise.)

All items have their uses so I will list my personal useless items from use full to useless
Oot:
Decku Nuts
Decku Sticks
Magic Beans

TP:
Spinner
Slingshot
Coral Earing (after main use)
Hawkeye (without bow and arrow)
Magic armor

K

King of Hyrule

id have to say deku sticks in oot i only used them on the octapus thing in jabu jabu

I use them against Queen Gohma and King Dodongo. If you use it against Gohma, you can kill her without her ever climbing the wall up to the ceiling. It kills Dodongo in just 2 jump attacks (Kokiri Sword takes 3 jump attacks). So I find them usefull, but that is just for my strategy of play.

Link 2 the past

Slashy Slashy
OOT has a lot of fairly worthless items, the silver arrows, the giants knife, the silver and golden scales, the huge rupee for getting all the gold skulltulas (if that counts as an item), the golden gauntlets, farore's wind, the song of storms, the masks and the bombchus.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Why is everyone against Deku Nuts? D: You can kill Ganon with them :D.

The ice arrows in OoT are useless as well.

I think the Ice arrows is actually a good weapon. Not only does it deliver more damage, but also immobilize the target (longer then deku nuts). I think its a better weapon then the fire arrows.

I always use them in the water temple against the blue tektites. You can kill them in one blow.

Or again stalfosses! No need for deku nuts, just freeze and then attack it. It gives more damage and you can actually land a fully charged spin attack.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I see people saying things like the deku nut, the balll and chain and farore's wind are useless. There's a difference between an item that you don't like to use, and an item that has little use. The deku nut can be used on a number of enemies, its just that there are other items you prefer to use. I, too, rarely used the deku nut until I found how fun it was to stun people rapidly. If you want to make the battle interesting, its good to switch up your arsenal with weapons you generally don't use. It makes it so much more fun.

Now I agree that the spinner and dominion rod are pretty useless. You can only use them for specified purposes and not freely. If I had to pick the most useless, it would probably be the dominion rod. The spinner can atleast be used to attack a closed ranged enemy, even at a very slow pace. Also, I don't count the items in AoL but alot of them were extremely useless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom