• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most Useless Items in Zelda

Well, the spinner from TP was pretty useless after you beat the dungeon you found it in. (Which really sucks, because I think Nintendo could have done some interesting things with it.)

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
The Dominion Rod and the Spinner from TP.

I loved TP as a story and I loved the game itself. But these two items made me wonder whether I'd continue having fun with the game.

The spinner was crap. Yeah it was fun riding around on a giant gear, top, thingy, but after you beat the dungeon it was only used to get a couple hard to reach treasures.

The Dominion Rod was worse. When I got to control statues the first time I thought, "Wow, this is really cool. I can move a statue and smash things." But the item literally turns to crap as soon as the dungeon is over. On top of that, it's used for a stupid quest that, while relevant to the story, doesn't actually count for much in the long haul since the game is over half over at this point and you won't be using the item at any point after that.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I have always found a use for the bow and arrow, the bate from the original game is useless though, or at the very least not required.
The bait in the original Legend of Zelda is needed to feed Goryia, who unless is fed, continues to block your path, unabling you to advance further in Level 7.

After reading these, there are so many items that could be used once, then are completely useless, by once i mean in the dungeon or whatever one event you use it for. I dare say i agree with all of them except for the ice arrows, loved freezing the giant moblin outside the forest temple in OoT :P, anyway in TP there's the dominion rod, spinner, even epona, although riding horseback and whacking a moblin with your sword was fun....admit it. But anyway, my personal opinion so far would be the deku nuts in OoT and so far in MM (currently playing). In OoT i never used them, in fact ill admit i did the glitch to turn the deku nuts into another bottle so i could have one more fairy, although after playin OoT so much i could do it blindfolded i hardly needed the extra fairy, let alone the deku nuts.

Last edited:

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
I'd have to say the Dominion Rod from TP. You used it in one dungeon, then it broke for pete's sake. It was pretty useless. When I initially thought of this, I thought it would tie with the spinner, but then I remembered that the spinner at least looked a lot like Captain America's shield ^.^ And in the (rare) times that you had to use it, it was really fun. So it comes in second. Bombchus would be third except they're so usefel for speed running, so I'll just leave them off here.

This does seem sort of useless in its self, we just keep saying the same items over and over, we have covered pretty much all of the most useless items, so what do we do about this?

I think the Spinner is the most useless item . . . I mean it's used in what, 2 dungeons? It has pretty much no attack/defense value, and can only be used in very specific circumstances.
It was personally one of my least favorite parts of Twilight Princess.

Another useless one guilty of appearing and being useless in many games is the Slingshot. It's pretty quickly replaced by the Bow and becomes pretty obsolete. It's like finding an old casette player and later on obtaining an iPod touch. Which are you gonna use?

Although the Dominion Rod may have seemed useless as well, it was interesting how they used it to move the story along. In a sense, I feel it was intended more as part of the story than an actual item meant to be useful in gameplay. It was interesting how this random item ended up connecting things like the Oocca, the Sheikah, etc. It ended up playing a semi-important role in the later part of the story, so I wouldn't consider it anywhere near the most useless item.

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
I think a lot of people here are forgetting the Ice Arrows from OoT. These literally did not have one use in the game except killing enemies which you could already do with a bunch of weapons you already had. You get them after the second last dungeon of the game ( Spirit Temple ) So you really only get to use them in Ganons Tower. I find it annoying how they make you go through the Gerudo Training Ground just to get them too. You waste all your time on a mini-dungeon to get an item you won't even use. The only thing the Ice Arrows are good for is looking cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom