• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most replayable games you know

Woyogoyo

The Oncoming Storm
I think what games you find replayable generally depends on what exactly you're looking for in a game. I play games primarily for the story, so I usually only replay games when doing so will either expand the story or let me interact with it in different ways. I find just about all of FromSoft's games pretty replayable, mostly because I make up different stories for different characters I create. I feel like the actual story in them is light enough that who your character is can recontextualize just about everything. In one playthrough I may be a knightly Warrior of Sunlight on a mission to rid the world of the curse of undeath, while in another I might be a wandering sorcerer seeking lost knowledge, thrown into this whole saving the world business by sheer circumstance. I also enjoy replaying Persona games in NG+ since not having to raise social stats gives you a lot more time to do more SLink/Confidant stuff, and I enjoy exploring those stories and seeing how they affect the main plot. I also like replaying FE3H and trying out different routes. I don't replay a lot of games, so those are the only examples I can really think of off the top of my head.

The game I've replayed the most is Master of Orion 2.
It's one of those games where each game is different because how you play it and how your opposition plays is different. You can try different things, play it different ways. These types of games are the most replayable.

Games with fixed stories or things to do like RPGs and plaformers are a lot less replayable.
Though the one exception is anything with a decent speed game. Re-running those for better times is quite popular these days.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I always find myself replaying most mainline Pokemon games at least 3 times once for each starter. Wind Waker's first half I used to replay a lot after I first beat it, cuz I found the Triforce hunt really boring.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I always find myself replaying most mainline Pokemon games at least 3 times once for each starter. Wind Waker's first half I used to replay a lot after I first beat it, cuz I found the Triforce hunt really boring.
I think pokemon has a surprising amount of replayability, but there's always a bit of tension to me between starting a new playthrough and keeping all the pokemon and items you picked up from your playthrough

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I think pokemon has a surprising amount of replayability, but there's always a bit of tension to me between starting a new playthrough and keeping all the pokemon and items you picked up from your playthrough
Before I had a job I would leave the mons in my best friend's game, once I had a job I got both versions and Pokebank helped a bit. If I had items again I would leave mons with my friend. Now that the switch has multiple profiles its easy to have multiple files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom