• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most nostalgic moments in Zelda

Aku

For me, it will always be TLOZ's music. Hearing the many beautiful and mysterious chords in the oldest game of the series is what makes me really feel wistful and nostalgic, not so much a particular scene.

It's like you are about to go exploring a fairy tale, one that includes a lot of sad and dark moments in it too, not just the happy things or stuff that looks pretty.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
My first time playing twilight princess. I had longed to play a Zelda game w/ adult Link as the only Zelda I had was wind waker. Anything before that I only knew through Melee. Anyways long story short, when I got twilight princess during 5th grade, I was just in absolute awe. It's more so the fact that I'm playing another 3d Zelda game, but I had so many feelings and thoughts going through my head when I was playing it.

NES came out when I was in High School. I watched (and helped) my buddy play the original. WAY cool. Everything about it was nostalgic at that time (as was Faxanadu). After I graduated from college I completely got away from video games until '06 or so. I played both Champions of Norrath games on my buddy's PS2 and Baldur's Gate. Then, I got a Wii for Christmas in '07. One of the first games I played was Twilight Princess and it was one of the first video games I ever played that made such use of 3D. It was the second Zelda game I played and the whole thing was pretty nostalgic. To this day I feel it has the best overall dungeons in the series as well as the best overall musical score. I think WW has the best overworld, but TP is second in the series.

I think BOTW is heads and shoulders above all of the other games in the series, but that's for a different discussion.

Sutittaja

Freezing chill
My the most nostalgic moment is propably the moment where Link enters Twilight Realm first time and turns into his wolf form. I hadn't palyed Zelda before Twilight Princess, so it blowed my mind when i first played it. Also the scene in Twilight Princess where King Bulbin comes to Kakariko village and kidnaps Colin and you have to go and save him always brings good memories

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Definitely the entire beginning of WW. :D Especially the part that takes place on the pirate ship where Tetra sends Link into the Forsaken Fortress in that barrel. XD

funnier6

Courage~
I remember playing OoA and OoS on my cousins gbc and wondering who the heck Link was (file name) I'm almost positive those were my first two zelda games but it was awful close to when I got PH. The entire oracle games are nostalgic for me and I loved every bit of them.

If you want a real nostalgia moment I played the beginning of OoT randomly at someones house and thought it was the most amazing game I'd ever played. Oh, and the first time I met skull kid on top of the clock tower was so cool.

• Abusing the AI in Zelda 2: Adventure Link to beat Shadow Link easily.
  • The Zelda 2: Adventure Link, Palace music.
  • Gerudo Valley music in Ocarina of Time. It's one of the very few original pieces in the game and it's just so cool. Most of the other musical pieces in Ocarina of Time are shamelessly ripped and slightly edited from early Zelda games.
  • The Ice Cavern in Ocarina of Time. I just like the while thing, music, aesthetic, puzzzle, just so well done for it's day.
  • A track on my iTunes list called Do The Zelda. It's a mix of certain Zelda tracks all one after the other with a great beat added in. It's really good. It's a great remix of all these old tracks.

Ninja

Well well well
Some of my favorite moments include:
  • The moments your ears perk up as you hear your favorite music. I've come across videos on YT and as soon as pieces like Song of Storms, Gerudo Valley, Dragon Roost Island, and many others come, it's a moment of bliss. Shoutout to BOTW's Zora's Domain and Rito Village.
  • That awe when finally placing the spiritual stones on the pedestal and playing the Song of Time.
  • Playing the Lake Hylia themes when going fishing.
  • Me and my cousins crafting wooden swords and yelling Link phrases when battling each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom