• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Most Nostalgic Game (aside OOT)

youpster900

Pottery=Mortal Enemy!
So I want to know your most nostalgic zelda game . Mine's WW since it was the first zelda game I ever saw and dreamed of having it but was really hard to find.:lol:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
For me it's easily Twilight Princess. I guess it can be classified as nostalgia now as it is nearly 8 years old.

Besides playing a few games in the series prior, and owning Phantom Hourglass, this game holds true sentimental value as it was the first 3D title that I fully owned. Sure I had PH a few months before, and that game was great; however you get a different feeling when you play, what I would call, a true home console release.

It's the only title in the series which I can pin point every moment and match them with a certain emotion when playing. Every track, cut scene, boss fight, dungeon all take me back to that first time playing. I still remember the day I got it, taking my time and absorbing the surroundings of the first few moments of the game, which actually took me 4 hours to complete - party due to me being slightly stupid, but mostly due to the fact that I was just taking in the surroundings. It was like this the whole way through to be honest, I appreciated every slight detail of the game and enjoyed every moment which is somewhat of a rarity with any game (only a small handful have that accolade). Of course now I look back and see it's not as flawless as I originally viewed it, but that first playthrough still stays etched in my mind.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I suppose mine is Phantom Hourglass. It was my first Zelda game, and I got it when I was 13. There was a time when I no longer owned a copy of it for a few years, and then one day I went to the farmer's market with my mom and grandmother, and while I was wandering around I found it again in a small video game corner. I bought it, and when I played it when i got home, a wave of nostalgia and memories washed over me. It felt really good to play it again after all that time, and I still have the copy I bought from the farmer's market to this day.

Hah, probably a good idea to forbid OoT. I get the feeling that would be the answer of a vast majority of fans, including myself.

It's actually hard to believe that TP is as old as it is now. Perhaps it's because we tend to get 3D Zelda games over a very spaced-out amount of time, but still, it seems more modern than it really is. I would say that TP definitely has some nostalgia value now, probably the most next to OoT.... which is weird, because TP is my favorite Zelda game BECAUSE of OoT for the most part. Playing TP for the first time was almost like playing OoT for the first time, with so many similarities with the locations and locales, and also so many clever and fitting nods to the first 3D game. Elements like the howling stones featuring a variety of past LoZ music, and the Serenade of Water being played at certain Zora-featured moments really made me treasure the game the first time through, and I'm beginning to fear that I'll never have another feeling like that again with a Zelda game (I thought SS was terrible, although that's just one game, I guess). It truly engrossed me, which is something I can't really say about most games I've played through and beaten.

I'm actually going to fire it up on my Wii U once I'm done with Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. Two of my favorite Wii games for sure.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Oracle of Seasons/Ages. They weren't my first Zelda games (OoT was the first), and they weren't the first I beat (again, OoT, with the help of mom), but they were the first games I beat by myself and I was pretty proud of it at the time. They'll always hold a special place in my heart.

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
Well, if I can't say OoT I'd have to say Majora's Mask or maybe even A Link to the Past. OoT is the most obvious though xD

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I don't really get nostalgic, I really don't. However, the game I expect would make me feel nostalgic would probably be A Link to the Past. I played it a little later, but it made me know what I feel Zelda is supposed to be.

For me, the most nostalgic is Majora's Mask
While OoT Was my first Zelda game every imagine my surprise when I never even knew there was another zelda! I still remember it as clear as day
I went with my grandmother to her friends house, I saw her grandkids sitting in the living room playing an N64
I sit down next to them and say "Wow...is this zelda?"
"Yeah this is Majora's Mask, it's a really fun game" he said
"Majora's Mask?...do you get to ride a horse in this one"
"YEah and you can transform into all these different things"
***INSTANT OBSESSION***
From then on I begged my grandmother for that game, and when I got it, I used to just spend hours doing nothing in the game, I got my ocarina back and just walked around Termina for hours... I can't exactly describe the feelings I got from Zelda when I was young
When I came up to a part of the game that led to a place I haven't been to, I did everything I could to get there, even if I failed most the time, there was that feeling of "I tried and I will find a way" Even in the 2D games I was this way...

I can never forget that feeling of when I first saw That opening screen...when I first heard the music of Clock Town...

Since I can't say OoT, the good old Legend of Zelda for NES. It was the only other Zelda game I owned as a kid. Didn't know MM existed until I got in my teens, haha.

Salem

SICK
It's either alttp or LA, also OoT, these three are the earliest I played when I was still innocent. ^^

D

Deleted member 14134

Well OoT was my first Zelda game and most nostalgic but besides that I guess it would have to be Majoras Mask as that was the second game I fully completed. Especially the first 3 days.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
easily wind waker,followed up by twilight princess as i consider that one of the last games of my childhood [i was 10 when it came out]
also four swords adventures in a weird way,since i had VERY little time w/ that,but i guess it was just that fact that i played it when i was young

Majora's Mask for sure.

I had played OOT before it but I remember playing MM more than OOT. I remember the first time I played, my brother was out for the night (it was his game..I was never allowed to play because I was little and he thought I'd break it) so I took it upon myself to play for a bit. I was so used to OOT where there wasn't a clock so you could walk around aimlessly if you wanted to. In MM I guess my bro had been saved at an owl statue because I remember being in Southern Swamp when I started and managing to get into Termina and being TERRIFIED. I was scared of redeads etc in OOT so everything in MM was way more intense. I remember that big bird chased me down and once I got to Clocktown I didn't ever want to go out into the field again lol.

I also remember my friends and I spending hours and hours during a huge storm trying to get to Snowhead temple by goron rolling..without playing the goron lullabye..So we'd get knocked off by the wind everytime and we'd just keep trying and trying until someone finally got the idea to pull out the ocarina :P

We spent the whole summer trying to beat that game and we never ended up doing it. My friends still come over for Zelda nights and we have yet to beat it since life is just so crazy but it's for sure my most nostalgic Zelda game (and favorite for that matter) ..Just so many memories attached to it.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
My most nostalgic game is Majora's Mask with Minish Cap being very close behind it. MM was my first 3D Zelda and MC was my first 2D Zelda. Both of these games introduced me to the concept of what Zelda games were about and what I was to expect from later games of the series. These are also both games I did not expect to have fun with at all, so you can imagine my surprise when I found myself caught up in them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom